Windows 10: Can I access Microsoft crash reports

Discus and support Can I access Microsoft crash reports in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since recently upgrading my motherboard and CPU I have experienced several PC crashes. I'm notified via a Microsoft window that "your PC has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Phil PC, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Phil PC Win User

Can I access Microsoft crash reports

Since recently upgrading my motherboard and CPU I have experienced several PC crashes.

I'm notified via a Microsoft window that "your PC has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" which then gathers info. diagnostic report I assume while displaying a "stopcheck" code for me to investigate. On doing that I gather that it's probably something to do with my intel CPU.

However, the intel diagnostic tool says my CPU is fine and my PC runs fine except for these infrequent crashes. Also I run an intel monitoring tool which shows my CPU as running well within design parameters on even my most demanding games.

So, this is obviously some random problem seemingly unrelated to CPU strain or demand and it would help greatly if I could access that info that Microsoft collects at the crash event. Is this possible and if so where might I find this info.

Thanks.

:)

Phil PC, Dec 4, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 4, 2020
  3. The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Can I access Microsoft crash reports

Windows 10 Folder/Disk security Access Crashes

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with providing access to the file and folders as the system crashes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

First I suggest you to update the drivers for USB ports on your device.

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall the USB driver for the computer and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows and X together and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the Universal Serial Bus Controller and expand the driver icon.

• Right Click on all the USB driver icon and select
      Uninstall

• Restart the computer. After restarting the computer, USB driver will automatically be installed.
    Step 2: As you are connecting external hard drive to your computer, drive has to be detected by computer. Hence I suggest you to update the BIOS drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Refer:
    http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

Now, try to connect the external disc to your computer and check if it is recognized.

Later, try to change the access settings and note the time if the system crashes.

If the issue persists, please make a record of this issue from the Event Viewer and send us the report of this issue, we will help you to resolve this.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Can I access Microsoft crash reports

1. Can I access Microsoft crash reports - Similar Threads - access Microsoft crash

2. Why can I not access Microsoft's support? Access denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access Microsoft's support? Access denied?: I am trying to contact Microsoft to deal with an account they decided to lock out. And I cannot reach the support website. I just get the following error when I navigate to the websiteAccess Denied You don't have permission to access "http://support.microsoft.com/" on this...
  3. windows crash reports

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows crash reports: i contacted support earlier asking about BSOD crash issues, and ran the file verification and integrity checker that was recommended, but it didnt find anything. i am assuming that didnt fix the problems so im hoping someone can help me figure out what these crash reports...
  4. Windows crash report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crash report: Hello,Can you help me to understand these reports? I have crashes in games but during some stress tests everything was ok. Ps, gpu,cpu. Maybe this log can point me to something. Thank you!SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎4/‎2022 9:50 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA...
  5. Windows crash report

Windows crash report: Hello,Can you help me to understand these reports? I have crashes in games but during some stress tests everything was ok. Ps, gpu,cpu. Maybe this log can point me to something. Thank you!SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎4/‎2022 9:50 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA...
  6. Access to Windows Error Reporting Crash Logs

Access to Windows Error Reporting Crash Logs: I'm a Windows developer, and I've published a popular Win32 application. I understand that Windows Error Reporting may give me the ability to download crash logs that are automatically sent to Microsoft. However, after reading documentation on this, I can't figure out how...
  7. Why can't I send some crash reports to Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why can't I send some crash reports to Microsoft?: Why can't I send some problem reports to Microsoft? [img] Double clicking a problem or using the right click menu to open `view technical details` there is no option to send the problem to Microsoft. It should appear as it did on some issues, so why not others? Like...
  8. Annual Accessibility Report?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annual Accessibility Report?: I'm a graduate student at uni. I have been trying to find an annual report of accessibility feature usage for Windows 10 and been unable to. I was hoping that someone here may be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks + Cheers! submitted by /u/rdubs417 [link]...
  9. Crash report

Crash report: Can someone help me with the below crash report. Everytime I try to load rainbow six seige it just fails to launch. This is the windows crash report info Faulting application name: RainbowSix.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ef20a7b Faulting module name: unknown,...
  10. Can connect to Internet but Windows reports "No Internet Access"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can connect to Internet but Windows reports "No Internet Access": As today I resumed my PC from hibernation, the network icon in taskbar reports with yellow exclamation mark. In Network and Sharing Center it reports no Internet access via Ethernet, and Private Network. However, Network Adapter shows clearly Ethernet is running normal...