Windows 10: Can I access OneDrive in DOS

Discus and support Can I access OneDrive in DOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use DOS (specifically the WinZip Command Line Add-On) to backup my files. Have been for years and years. I can't figure how to address OneDrive in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wallytek, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Wallytek Win User

Can I access OneDrive in DOS

I use DOS (specifically the WinZip Command Line Add-On) to backup my files. Have been for years and years. I can't figure how to address OneDrive in my .bat file. Can it be done? If so can someone point me to the solution.

Thanks
    Wally

:)

Wallytek, Jan 8, 2016
  2. DavidAA60 Win User

windows phone 8.1 has stopped accessing office docs held on OneDrive.

cannot open word excel or OneNote files held on OneDrive. Can open pdf.

says I do not have authority to access and suggested I contacted the owner of files -me.

have checked for update for phone on 8.1, OneDrive and office.

have also reset OneDrive and office on the phone.

as can access pdf my password, user name must be ok.

appears access to office does not accept login via OneDrive.

have there been any changes to OneDrive or office for windows phone 8.1, in last week, which are causing the problem.OneDrive log 30099815009 cannot help.

OneDrive

DavidAA60, Jan 8, 2016
  3. After Creators update, the OneDrive System tray icon disappeared and I can't access settings. File explorer shows folder but not OneDrive Icon.

Hi,

Since updating, I can't access my OneDrive settings and there is no OneDrive icon in my system tray. I want it. What can I do? Thanks!

Andrew1044, Jan 8, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

Firstly, Windows 10 does not have "DOS". Apparently, you are talking about command line interface.

Secondly, OneDrive stores all its files in some specific location on your machine. All these files are regular files accessible as any other file. There's nothing special about them. By default, OneDrive directory is 'Users\<Your User Name>\OneDrive'

AndreyT, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Wallytek Win User
    Thank you Andrey for the info on OneDrive.

And, you may call it Command Line Interface or anything you want, but old guys like me still execute ye ole DOS commands which are still in Windows 10.

Wally

Wallytek, Jan 8, 2016
  6. This will sound like nit picking but he's right. It's not DOS, its a command prompt window with DOS "like" commands. I'm old and old school, but I don't call it DOS, I call it what it is. It's a command line interpreter. There is a big difference between the two. Anyway it should be C: \Users\your user name\OneDrive\. That's where it shows up locally for me. Put a file(s) in there and it will likely sync them to the online equivalent folder.

alphanumeric, Jan 9, 2016
  7. Rickt Win User
    Not to be snarky, but I am less worried about what folks call the CLI and more worried about a complete answer to the original question:
    Can OneDrive be accessed from the CLI? The way I intend the question is:
    Can a user share a file on OneDrive (for Business) and then access it from anywhere, on any machine (in the enterprise,) using a batch file, or Powershell script, or VB Script, or whatever version of command line functionality you wish to use to circumvent the error-prone wetware between the chair and the computer?

Rickt, Dec 22, 2016
  8. Asuza Win User

Could you upload the code of your .bat file so we can have a closer look ?

Asuza, Dec 25, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    This is from the Getting started with OneDrive.docx file in the OneDrive Folder on my computer:
    Maybe all you need to share is the link to your OneDrive storage.

Berton, Dec 25, 2016
  10. I'm not sure that will work, here is the link to my OneDrive Public folder, Public < That is what you get if you right click and select "Share a OneDrive Link".

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I access OneDrive in DOS - Similar Threads - access OneDrive DOS

2. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  3. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  4. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I access my OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I access my OneDrive?: I have tried to sign in to my OneDrive but it gives me error to unlink it before and what is the process for the unlinking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-access-my-onedrive/c2badb8b-bc3b-4262-95c5-0b42870a4b6b
  6. DOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  7. DOS

DOS: Can I run DOS pgm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dos/dc4fa29e-eac9-4aa1-b70c-2dadb0c17f09
  8. dos

in Windows 10 Customization
    dos: I want to delete directory 'Contacts' on Decktop Windows 10 Normal Windows delete does not work. 1 Re-start in Safe Mode 2 Command mode - DOS 3 cd desktop 4 attrib -R Contacts 5 rmdir /S Contacts 6 dir and 'Contacts has gone. 7 Re-start and Contacts is back...
  9. No Access to OneDrive

No Access to OneDrive: Hi I have been troubleshooting a few problems with one of our computers and finally decided to cut my losses. I have installed an image captured a few days after the computer was purchased, as it had all our programs and app already installed(but need updating) and the...
  10. OneDrive not accessible.

OneDrive not accessible.: Suddenly my OneDrive is not accessible from Taskbar. [img] Files are accessible from other places. Ordinary Admin account logged in with MS (Hotmail acc). 72571

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access onedrive from dos command

2. dos prompt access to onedrive

3. Can I use Windows Command Line Interface with OneDrive?