Windows 10: Can I acquire an old Windows 10 Pro digital licence?

Discus and support Can I acquire an old Windows 10 Pro digital licence? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a Dell laptop that I performed a free upgrade to Windows 10 on. I was on Windows 7 pro so I got Windows 10 pro. That laptop suddenly stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZacharyW_788, May 28, 2019.

1. Can I acquire an old Windows 10 Pro digital licence?

I had a Dell laptop that I performed a free upgrade to Windows 10 on. I was on Windows 7 pro so I got Windows 10 pro. That laptop suddenly stopped working one day. I now have a new laptop with Windows 10 Home, but I want the features of the pro version on it. Is there any way I can find this digital licence and use it to get Windows 10 pro on my current laptop? If it helps, I haven't changed Microsoft accounts at all if it were to be on here.

:)

ZacharyW_788, May 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry

Hi there Smittychat,

So since I acquire the Windows 10 Pro digital licence from using the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key from the PCs or laptops in my office, my Windows 10 Pro upgrade or installation is free.

Infra MELL, May 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence

Activate Windows 10 Pro via a Digital Licence, still shows Windows Home

TeresaMeakins, May 28, 2019
  4. AshKas Win User

Can I acquire an old Windows 10 Pro digital licence?

upgrading windows with digital licence

I recently got a new computer. I have a digital licence for windows 10 pro on my old computer. I want to use that licence on my new computer however I have windows 10 home installed (and not activated) on the new computer. So when trying to activate
    my digital licence on this computer it tells me the licence doesn't match this version. What do?

AshKas, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Can I acquire an old Windows 10 Pro digital licence?

1. Can I acquire an old Windows 10 Pro digital licence? - Similar Threads - acquire old Pro

2. Acquiring Windows 10 digital license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acquiring Windows 10 digital license: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop without an operating system, and I acquired Windows 10 Enterprise from an authorized seller. They installed Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop, and I confirmed that it was activated and licensed at the time. However, I didn't create a...
  3. Acquiring Windows 10 digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acquiring Windows 10 digital license: Hello, I recently purchased a laptop without an operating system, and I acquired Windows 10 Enterprise from an authorized seller. They installed Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop, and I confirmed that it was activated and licensed at the time. However, I didn't create a...
  4. Acquiring Windows 10 digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  6. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  7. Acquiring Licence

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Acquiring Licence: Hello I had the same problem with my old pc My downloads says clipSVC stopped or Acquiring Licence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acquiring-licence/54db15fb-9ee2-473d-90bc-ae05460e6d45
  8. Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.

Clarification on state of Windows 10 Pro digital licence.: Hi, This is a follow on question from a post I made yesterday concerning issues with transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital licence. I'm hoping to get clarification on the true state of my licence. In 2009 I bought a retail copy of Windows 7 for a new build PC. I still...
  9. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.: I recently bought a laptop that has windows 10 home pre installed and activated. Some years ago i had a desktop, with windows 10 pro with a digital licence. How can't I upgrade from home to pro? I don't remember what I did with my account, but i did link my Microsoft...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry

Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry: Recently I've started to upgrade my office's PCs & laptops OS from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've used the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC or laptop to activate the Windows 10 Pro installed & the activation was successful :- Activation...