Windows 10: Can I activate a copy of Windows 10 Pro with a different Windows 10 Pro product key?

Discus and support Can I activate a copy of Windows 10 Pro with a different Windows 10 Pro product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am currently using a copy of my brothers W10 pro license that he lent to me because my old computer HDD is dying.So I have my brother's copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HelpMe_Win95, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Can I activate a copy of Windows 10 Pro with a different Windows 10 Pro product key?

I am currently using a copy of my brothers W10 pro license that he lent to me because my old computer HDD is dying.So I have my brother's copy installed to a new SATA 3 SSD and I want to take the product key Yes I know the key needs to be Retail in order to be transferredfrom my old computer's HDD Yes I know it will need to be deactivated on the old computer, deactivate my brothers product key and reactivate with the W10 pro product key from my old computer. Is this possible? or will it cause horribleness to ensue? I bought the computer from a PC builder so I do not have the copy of W10 Pr

:)

HelpMe_Win95, Jun 17, 2021

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jun 17, 2021
  3. tigger Win User
    Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

I bought a win 10 pro oem key for £25, changed my motherboard and cpu, and reinstalled windows, and it activated automatically. So I would say why not buy pro?

From here-
    Buy Windows 10 Professional genuine license keys with Lifetime Validity

Was near enough instant delivery of key by email, and it activated on my original install, and on a clean install with changed hardware. Can't say fairer than that for £25

tigger, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Can I activate a copy of Windows 10 Pro with a different Windows 10 Pro product key?

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

Tenforo, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Can I activate a copy of Windows 10 Pro with a different Windows 10 Pro product key?

1. Can I activate a copy of Windows 10 Pro with a different Windows 10 Pro product key? - Similar Threads - activate copy Pro

2. Can I activate Windows 10 Education with Windows 10 Pro product Key …? If No, How-To...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I activate Windows 10 Education with Windows 10 Pro product Key …? If No, How-To...: Can I activate Windows 10 Education with Windows 10 Pro product Key …? If No, How-To activate Windows 10 Education? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-activate-windows-10-education-with-windows/bd26a10d-0084-4c45-b9e2-adf154811b75
  3. Can I activate Windows 10 Education with Windows 10 Pro product Key …? If No, How-To...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I activate Windows 10 Education with Windows 10 Pro product Key …? If No, How-To...: Can I activate Windows 10 Education with Windows 10 Pro product Key …? If No, How-To activate Windows 10 Education? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-activate-windows-10-education-with-windows/bd26a10d-0084-4c45-b9e2-adf154811b75
  4. Can I activate Windows 10 Education with Windows 10 Pro product Key …? If No, How-To...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key to activate copy of Windows 10 Pro

Product key to activate copy of Windows 10 Pro: I didn't receive the product key to activate copy of Windows 10 ProI did install it first in same PC in vertul machaune after that i install it in the same PC main hard disk but it want activate i try to find the product key in the mail but you guys never send it please send...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Product Key Will Not Activate

Windows 10 Pro Product Key Will Not Activate: Hi!I'm currently in the process of setting up my new laptop. This laptop comes with Windows 10 Home edition installed onto it out of the box, however I replaced the included nvme with my own two and went ahead and installed Windows 10 Pro N - an edition I use whenever I...
  7. Can install and activate Windows 10 Pro using a Windows 7 Pro product key

Can install and activate Windows 10 Pro using a Windows 7 Pro product key: Hi, Hope someone can help, I have purchased a second-hand PC with and un-activated version of Windows 10 Home. I was given a code to use to activate it which is wrong, it is a server code. My old PC has a valid Windows 7 Pro licence key. I phoned Microsoft and was...
  8. windows 10 pro activation product key

windows 10 pro activation product key: I have windows 10 home as the product key on my laptop but want to install windows 10 pro so I can access remote desktop from work. When I put code in it says it is incorrect with error code Oxc004f050....
  9. I didn't receive the product key to activate copy of Windows 10 Pro

I didn't receive the product key to activate copy of Windows 10 Pro: I purchased and installed the upgrade license from Microsoft Windows10 Home OEM to Windows10 Pro, I didn't receive the product key to activate copy of Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Can a Product Key Windows Vista activate Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a Product Key Windows Vista activate Windows 10 Pro?: Hello Everyone, I was recenlty given an HP Compaq dc7900 minitower (Energy Star) that was bought in 2010. I decided to see if I can upgrade it. I added more RAM, put in an SSD and added a good Graphics Card. On the tower, there is a sticker with the activation key to...