Windows 10: Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?

Discus and support Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I just installed windows 10 pro without product key. now I want to activate it using OEM key (cause it cost less). can I activate windows without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AdityaKumar8, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?

So I just installed windows 10 pro without product key.

now I want to activate it using OEM key (cause it cost less).

can I activate windows without a fresh install?

Also is it safe to activate windows using OEM key (like from eBay)?

:)

AdityaKumar8, Oct 13, 2019
  2. aasim1111 Win User

oem activation key

I have a window 10 os oem version. I want to do a fresh reinstall on my computer. Can I use the same activation key ( i used in the first place to get my pc up and running) if it has been used before.

Note: I will use the same cd and the key

aasim1111, Oct 13, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Oct 13, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?

Guide: use Pre-activated Windows 7 OEM License on fresh installation

U can't use this method to "upgrade" ur Windows Home Premium to Pro or Ultimate it simply just backup ur activation key.

puma99dk|, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?

1. Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install? - Similar Threads - activate using OEM

2. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows using OEM Key: I bought a used HP 840 G3 Elitebook from a vendor, who told me that this laptop has a pre-activated window. After using it for 6 months, the license somehow 'expired', giving me the error "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  3. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows using OEM Key: I bought a used HP 840 G3 Elitebook from a vendor, who told me that this laptop has a pre-activated window. After using it for 6 months, the license somehow 'expired', giving me the error "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's...
  4. Activate Windows using OEM Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can a Windows 10 OEM key be used to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Windows 10 OEM key be used to activate Windows 11?: I am planning to buy a cheap OEM product key to activate Windows 11 on my new PC and read that Windows 10 product keys which are cheaper than one labelled Windows 11 on the site I am buying from can be used to activate Windows 11. However, I'm not sure if OEM product keys...
  6. Can a Windows 10 OEM key be used to activate Windows 11?

Can a Windows 10 OEM key be used to activate Windows 11?: I am planning to buy a cheap OEM product key to activate Windows 11 on my new PC and read that Windows 10 product keys which are cheaper than one labelled Windows 11 on the site I am buying from can be used to activate Windows 11. However, I'm not sure if OEM product keys...
  7. Can I use a Windows 7 OEM key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a Windows 7 OEM key to activate Windows 11?: Ok so I'll get a non-OEM prebuilt PC tomorrow, I already made a USB to install Windows 11. I contacted the seller and told me it had non-activated Windows 10. I also have a old Acer laptop laying around there. Can I use the Windows 7 OEM key to install Windows 11?...
  8. Can I use a Windows 7 OEM key to activate Windows 11?

Can I use a Windows 7 OEM key to activate Windows 11?: Ok so I'll get a non-OEM prebuilt PC tomorrow, I already made a USB to install Windows 11. I contacted the seller and told me it had non-activated Windows 10. I also have a old Acer laptop laying around there. Can I use the Windows 7 OEM key to install Windows 11?...
  9. Can I use Windows 10 without activating a Key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Windows 10 without activating a Key?: Title. submitted by /u/glez_fdezdavila_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8rnln/can_i_use_windows_10_without_activating_a_key/
  10. Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?: So currently I'm having an issue with the CoD Modern Warfare game crashing and giving me a "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error" message. I've tried a a lot of "fixes" in my research and at this point I'm thinking about just doing a fresh install of Windows 10. I even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i fresh install with my oem key

2. activate windows 10 oem key pro