Windows 10: Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?

Discus and support Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details tab? When I am working on a project, it would be nice to be able to add a comment field to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SteveMann, May 10, 2019.

1. SteveMann Win User

Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?

Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details tab?

When I am working on a project, it would be nice to be able to add a comment field to the Details tab. I have a separate "notes.txt" for the project but if I could add notes to the Details tab, then I wouldn't need to maintain my notes in a separate text file.

Or, if there is a better solution - I am open to suggestion.
    (I have an account on GitHub, but the user learning process eludes me there).

:)

SteveMann, May 10, 2019

2. Files - Properties - Detail

I have a group of mp3 files some of which have the album & album artist entered, some of which don't. When I open the properties/details window, I can enter text in these fields but when I click "apply" nothing happens. Why?

MartyFaigin, May 10, 2019
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. dalchina Win User

File properties issue, Details automatically deleted.

More: if I use File Metadata as shown, I can have VLC player as default, and edit details in the Details Pane and Properties. It also makes more fields accessible. It's an interesting add-on and a good read on the site as to its background and MS thinking.

Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details? [​IMG]

dalchina, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details? - Similar Threads - add field file

2. File properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File properties: Anyone know why when after hitting apply that the information that was entered dissapears? When i enter fields in properties and hit apply all the info dissapears. It seems to be only happening with one certain file. Said app is groove music. Windows 10...
  3. Set subscription add on properties

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Set subscription add on properties: I have an individual developer account for Microsoft partner center, and just submitted an app(already in the store). My plan is to create and test the subscription add on. When I try to set properties for the new add on, there seems no subscription period for 6 hours. But I...
  4. How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists: I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your tutorials) but would like to reset/clear out these dropdown lists to start again. Many thanks [img] 113529
  5. How can I edit Properties of .mts video files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I edit Properties of .mts video files in File Explorer?: I am able to edit Properties of a .jpeg file while in File Explorer. I right click on a .jpeg file and am able to type information into some of the fields in the Details tab. When I try to do the same thing to a .mts video file, I can't get a cursor in any of the fields...
  6. How to add details to mkv files for explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add details to mkv files for explorer?: Hi, is there any way to add details to mkv files and with details I mean for example year? So I can sort my mkv files in folder by year? [img] 86947
  7. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...
  8. File properties issue, Details automatically deleted.

in Windows 10 Support
    File properties issue, Details automatically deleted.: Hi, apologies if in the wrong area. I've updated Windows to the latest version recently, and when changing file properties on mp3's (as I do) what tends to happen is if I want to even capitalise a letter (i for I) or change a year in the file properties, ALL the...
  9. Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10: I forgot that I could modify some of the detail on certain files. I'm going to start doing this on my video and music files 93210
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119