Windows 10: Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?

Discus and support Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details tab? When I am working on a project, it would be nice to be able to add a comment field to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SteveMann, May 10, 2019.

1. SteveMann Win User

Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?

Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details tab?

When I am working on a project, it would be nice to be able to add a comment field to the Details tab. I have a separate "notes.txt" for the project but if I could add notes to the Details tab, then I wouldn't need to maintain my notes in a separate text file.

Or, if there is a better solution - I am open to suggestion.
    (I have an account on GitHub, but the user learning process eludes me there).

:)

SteveMann, May 10, 2019

2. Files - Properties - Detail

I have a group of mp3 files some of which have the album & album artist entered, some of which don't. When I open the properties/details window, I can enter text in these fields but when I click "apply" nothing happens. Why?

MartyFaigin, May 10, 2019
  3. OCjp Win User
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

4. dalchina Win User

File properties issue, Details automatically deleted.

More: if I use File Metadata as shown, I can have VLC player as default, and edit details in the Details Pane and Properties. It also makes more fields accessible. It's an interesting add-on and a good read on the site as to its background and MS thinking.

Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details? [​IMG]

dalchina, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details? - Similar Threads - add field file

2. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown: CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldownIF not why? And is it something that can be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-or-add-properties-to-a-txt-file-in/9cbc70db-fe96-40a1-9625-21cfe49d456a
  3. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown: CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldownIF not why? And is it something that can be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-or-add-properties-to-a-txt-file-in/9cbc70db-fe96-40a1-9625-21cfe49d456a
  4. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not edit file property details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not edit file property details: I'm aware this has been discussed before, but I can not add an album artist to a file that has no album artist. I want to change it so I have a way to categorize the file. However, the suggested way of changing details does not work pressing F2 while the file is open. If any...
  6. Can not edit file property details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not edit file property details: I'm aware this has been discussed before, but I can not add an album artist to a file that has no album artist. I want to change it so I have a way to categorize the file. However, the suggested way of changing details does not work pressing F2 while the file is open. If any...
  7. How can I add description details to a file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I add description details to a file?: In some folders, I have a lot of files, and sorting by tags or giving files a rating would tremendously help. So my question is how can I give "tags" or a "rating" to any file?...
  8. Windows Explorer Properties/Details: Field is truncated - how to view

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Properties/Details: Field is truncated - how to view: I'm trying to view the software version that was used to process a photo. In Windows Explorer, I've opened the Properties panel and gone to the Details tab. Unfortunately, the data in the field I need ("Program name") is too long, so it is cutoff. I need to see all of it....
  9. Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10: How to: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 [img] Information The properties of some files (ex: music, images, videos, etc...) can contain details (metadata) that tell a lot about the file and possibly personal information. While property details...
  10. Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [img] Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap on Properties to see...