Windows 10: Can I add a OneNote account without it being added to my Windows account settings?

Discus and support Can I add a OneNote account without it being added to my Windows account settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The last couple times I have added a Microsoft account to OneNote, I have found that Windows then adds this account as an account in the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lintunen, Sep 16, 2021.

1. lintunen Win User

Can I add a OneNote account without it being added to my Windows account settings?

The last couple times I have added a Microsoft account to OneNote, I have found that Windows then adds this account as an account in the Windows account settings, links my OneDrive etc. How can I avoid this happening? I would like to open OneNote notebooks on my work computer but I do not want my personal Microsoft account integrated with my work machine.

:)

lintunen, Sep 16, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can I add a OneNote account without it being added to my Windows account settings? :(

Zakin, Sep 16, 2021
  3. CSMR(2) Win User
    Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Sep 16, 2021
  4. Can I add a OneNote account without it being added to my Windows account settings?

Settings / account “suggestions” added

Hey guys!

Just a question,
    I’m settings / accounts I switched my local account to a Microsoft account.. it asked me to verify my account, which I did and now I can see suggestions in accounts.
    I don’t know if I’m making sense maybe I can post a screenshot, is this new?

Basically I see suggestions in settings / account underneath my pic...

Steven Campoli, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Can I add a OneNote account without it being added to my Windows account settings?

1. Can I add a OneNote account without it being added to my Windows account settings? - Similar Threads - add OneNote account

2. Can I upgrade an account without being signed on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade an account without being signed on?: I currently have my pc working after I reset it and it installed windows 10 pro which i used my student account to log into. I however, would rather have my main account to be the one I use on the regular. It is a home account. I can't sign into it due to me using pro,...
  3. Can I upgrade an account without being signed on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade an account without being signed on?: I currently have my pc working after I reset it and it installed windows 10 pro which i used my student account to log into. I however, would rather have my main account to be the one I use on the regular. It is a home account. I can't sign into it due to me using pro,...
  4. Can I upgrade an account without being signed on?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to use OneNote without signing into a Windows account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use OneNote without signing into a Windows account?: I had a hard enough time trying to figure out how to use my laptop without logging into a Microsoft account, and I am realizing now that I am being forced to log into my account in order to use OneNote. Why can't they let people just use software on a local account without...
  6. can I add a guest account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can I add a guest account: I would like to add a guest account like I could do with windows 7 rather that an account for each person that wants to use my computer is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-a-guest-account/95dec857-fbf7-4ce9-9bad-c2cdef43591f
  7. Settings / account “suggestions” added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings / account “suggestions” added: Hey guys! Just a question, I’m settings / accounts I switched my local account to a Microsoft account.. it asked me to verify my account, which I did and now I can see suggestions in accounts. I don’t know if I’m making sense maybe I can post a screenshot, is this new?...
  8. I can not add an email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can not add an email account: Hello, I can not add a new account in the configuration of Windows 10, or manage existing account. pressing to add or manage opens for a second the new window and closes without displaying any errors or anything. [img] 58962
  9. Can I set up an child account without an Microsoft account?

Can I set up an child account without an Microsoft account?: Hi, I do not have a Microsoft account but I'd like to set up an Windows account for my child (6 years old). I would like to basically restrict everything, and just let her play a couple of games. It is very important that she is not allowed to delete, change or...
  10. Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?

Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?: I currently use a Local Account (no password) on a notebook but would also like to add my existing Microsoft Account. Is this possible without losing an option to sign in with the Local Account if necessary? 67987