Windows 10: Can i add HDR toggle to taskbar or tray ?

Discus and support Can i add HDR toggle to taskbar or tray ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It would be very useful feature. Is it available on Windows 10 or Windows 11 ? submitted by /u/Wellhellob [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wellhellob, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Can i add HDR toggle to taskbar or tray ?

It would be very useful feature. Is it available on Windows 10 or Windows 11 ?

submitted by /u/Wellhellob
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wellhellob, Oct 8, 2021

2. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

Hi,

A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far:

1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR).
    2) Initially, I connect the PC and activated HDR on the TV side (HDR is toggled per HDMI port on my TV). At first, the PC displayed on my TV as expected, but with the HDR toggle inside Windows 10 to off. Naturally, I toggled HDR to on...
    3) Next, my screen went black and the PC disconnected from the TV input. Now, the only way to achieve a picture again is to turn off HDR on the TV side.

My question - firstly, am I missing something in this process with regards HDR working properly, and secondly, is there a way to untoggle the HDR in Windows without have HDR enabled? The option only becomes visible once HDR is enabled.

Thanks, Jonny

Jonny1010101010, Oct 8, 2021
  3. tbcam88 Win User
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

Hi all,

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the eyes. This is annoyingly tedious as you need to navigate through settings, display, HD colour options etc. before finally getting to the toggle switch in question. Can a single click batch file/registry tweak perhaps be constructed in this case? Allowing you to enable/disable the setting in an instant?

How to toggle HDR with a script on Windows 10

This article details creating a script which does exactly what I've described but it apparently doesn't work with multiple display setups (which is what I'm running unfortunately!)

Hoping a tenforums guru can assist!

tbcam88, Oct 8, 2021
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Can i add HDR toggle to taskbar or tray ?

System Tray Missing

You have to hide the ones you don't want always on top.

This is done in the 'Show which icons appear on the taskbar' option in Settings > Taskbar.

(toggle the main button to Off, and toggle individual icons you want on the Taskbar to On.

The rest will go into the Tray )

If you don't use all of the programs that are shown on the list all the time, you can further reduce the number

that show in the Tray/box by disabling them in Task Manager > Startup to prevent them from launching in

the background when you boot into Windows.

- You can also toggle these to On so they show on the Taskbar vs the Tray after you launch them manually, if you wish.

BossDweeb, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

Can i add HDR toggle to taskbar or tray ?

1. Can i add HDR toggle to taskbar or tray ? - Similar Threads - add HDR toggle

2. Taskbar / Tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar / Tray: The taskbar has suddenly changed from the way it's always been displayed. Previously all pinned icons were in a single line but they now appear to be spaced farther apart which would account for the two rows.. The tray now shows the word "Desktop" and there is not sufficient...
  3. Taskbar / Tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar / Tray: The taskbar has suddenly changed from the way it's always been displayed. Previously all pinned icons were in a single line but they now appear to be spaced farther apart which would account for the two rows.. The tray now shows the word "Desktop" and there is not sufficient...
  4. Taskbar / Tray

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?: I recently got a new monitor that supports HDR - and when I'm actually watching HDR content or gaming it looks fucking amazing, but when I'm not watching HDR (i.e. just on the desktop) it, instead of looking amazing, looks washed out and garbage... From googling around this...
  6. Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!: Hi all, I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the...
  7. Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!: Hi all, I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the...
  8. Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games: My original thread went ignored here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-toggle-to-yes-for-hdr-on-apps-and-games/5a07b600-70b2-4931-85b5-67aceca64d11 I don't know how to switch questions over so this is the best I can do :(...
  9. Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games: I currently have a dell xps13 9380. Due to issues the computer underwent a clean install to windows Pro. I couldn't seem to play HDR on my netflix app. Now the screen switched to an new AUO monitor and Windows Home 1903 is installed. But I still have the same problem. I...
  10. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode: Hi, A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far: 1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR). 2) Initially, I...