Windows 10: Can I add new devices to my MS account?

Discus and support Can I add new devices to my MS account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the same Microsoft account on three computers and I’d like to add another one. Can I add a new device to my Microsoft account or I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicoleKeley, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Can I add new devices to my MS account?

I use the same Microsoft account on three computers and I’d like to add another one. Can I add a new device to my Microsoft account or I have to remove one of them to be able to add another one?

Thank you.

:)

NicoleKeley, Feb 24, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Odd change in MS account list of devices

I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things.

1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell Hyper-V machines separately from VMWARE VMS.

2) One of my VMs is now still listed in my MS account, even though I changed it to a local account. Previously device was always removed if you changed from MSA to local account. This is a good move assuming it is a change, not a glitch as this means the digital licence link will be retained if you changed to a local account for any reason.

cereberus, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Can I add new devices to my MS account?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Can I add new devices to my MS account?

1. Can I add new devices to my MS account? - Similar Threads - add devices account

2. Why is there a new device logging into my MS Account randomly ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a new device logging into my MS Account randomly ?: At random times every day, there an unknown device logging into my Microsoft account. I didn't log into my account at those times usually...I have 2FA turned on and passwordless account turned on ... what do I do ?...
  3. Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop: I have just purchased another laptop and trying to connect to my MS Account. Both my PC and Laptop are both on Win10 Pro, connected to wifi no issues.I tried searching for the answer and as advised, created another user under 'Family and other users' on the laptop using the...
  4. Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop: I have just purchased another laptop and trying to connect to my MS Account. Both my PC and Laptop are both on Win10 Pro, connected to wifi no issues.I tried searching for the answer and as advised, created another user under 'Family and other users' on the laptop using the...
  5. Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I was attempting to add a new device to my 365 account and inadvertently locked my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was attempting to add a new device to my 365 account and inadvertently locked my...: I was attempting to add a new device to my 365 account and inadvertently locked my computer. I do not have an administrative login id or password...
  7. I was attempting to add a new device to my 365 account and inadvertently locked my...

I was attempting to add a new device to my 365 account and inadvertently locked my...: I was attempting to add a new device to my 365 account and inadvertently locked my computer. I do not have an administrative login id or password...
  8. add a device to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a device to my account: hihow can add my computer to my accountwhen i use the function add a device on microsoft account there is only available the option to add surface or xboxi need to add a computer but i dont find the option...
  9. add a device to my account

add a device to my account: hihow can add my computer to my accountwhen i use the function add a device on microsoft account there is only available the option to add surface or xboxi need to add a computer but i dont find the option...
  10. MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to: Odd thing happened to me yesterday. Windows 10 Home. Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) I have had both a local and an MS account configured on my pc. And both have worked for some time. Yesterday, I decided to remove my MS account from my pc and just retain the local...