Windows 10: Can I add old mail from .pst to .ost without .ost file corruptions?

Discus and support Can I add old mail from .pst to .ost without .ost file corruptions? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Whilst currently using Office 365 / Outlook on Exchange basis, I have been using POP3 for a very long time. I still have connected my POP3 account... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tfwul, Mar 7, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

Can I add old mail from .pst to .ost without .ost file corruptions?

Whilst currently using Office 365 / Outlook on Exchange basis, I have been using POP3 for a very long time.
    I still have connected my POP3 account (.pst) to Outlook.
    Am using Outlook 365 as default.

I also have a gmail account, same situation as above applies: Gmail changed from POP3 to IMAP a couple of months ago.

I wonder what would happen if I were to massively copy old (pst) email to IMAP, so I would then close the POP3 files.

This may go fine for some mail, but in case of large numbers, would that then lead to file corruptions?
    Assume that Exchange/IMAP sync normally is just one way, i.e. server > client, whereas client > server may only involve the status of mail (like: read, deleted).

Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Mar 7, 2021

2. Copy Outlook .ost file to an offline device

If you are the owner of the Exchange profile, you can configure your account in the Outlook in the new computer and simply download the mailbox data from the Exchange server. But if you want to transfer OST file data
    to another user, you can convert OST to PST and then transfer it to the new computer. The new user can import the PST file to his mailbox.

Let’s start the process:

Step 1- Locate OST in your system

To locate an OST file in your system, follow the below-mentioned steps:

·
    Open Control Panel and click on Mail.

·
    Select Email Accounts in the “Mail Setup” dialogue box.

·
    Now, go to the Data Files tab and select the desired account.

·
    Click on Open File Location to know the location of the OST file.

·
    The location of your PST file will be opened

Step 2- Convert OST to PST

In this step, you need to convert OST to PST. Though you can export OST mailbox data to PST using
    the Export feature of Outlook and you can use any third party OST to PST Converter.

#Aafiyasartaj, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Than can I convert OST files to PST.

How do I convert OST to PST and why a regular email with a regular account was suddenly stored in OST format if as it is said You have this Exchange account extension. Good day! Does anyone have a Converter from ost file to pst ?

LawrenceEdmunds, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Can I add old mail from .pst to .ost without .ost file corruptions?

.pst vs .ost

how do I change from .ost to .pst in Office 365?

JoniBirkeland, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Can I add old mail from .pst to .ost without .ost file corruptions?

1. Can I add old mail from .pst to .ost without .ost file corruptions? - Similar Threads - add old mail

2. Odd scenario. Can an OST file corruption delete files from my documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd scenario. Can an OST file corruption delete files from my documents: Very odd scenario here. An OST file was only holding emails from nov of 2022 and earlier. Nothing new was in outlook. After deleting the OST and adding a new one, files on the computer seem to stop at November of 22 despite the emails now working again. Is there anything with...
  3. OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File

OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File: Toady am represent a wonderful Software for the conversion of inaccessible and disconnected OST files into Outlook PST files. keep your eyes in the post, i am revealing the name of Superlative Software- PDS OST to PST Converter. It's very reliable for non tech users because...
  4. recover a .ost file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover a .ost file: Earlier today i deleted my .ost file from Appdata microsoft outlook on my c drive . I was having problems with sync issues in outlook 800cccd2-0-0-733 terminated in error . i went to troubleshoot and help and it suggested deleting the .ost file for my email address and...
  5. How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt: Windows 10 has developed a critical error and, following the assessment of an expert technician, I have been advised to reinstall. The process will remove all apps but preserve my files which are, in any event, backed up daily. I am not sure if the reinstall will erase...
  6. What is the best OST to PST Converter Software?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best OST to PST Converter Software?: As we all know that the MS Outlook is desktop email client and saves the mailbox data in two types of data files named as OST file and PST file. An OST file is offline storage data file and PST is personal storage file which is directly importable to Outlook. "Sometimes the...
  7. Exchange OST to PST Converter

Exchange OST to PST Converter: One of the best and interesting software is here which is known as OST to PST Converter. This application made up by using the rich algorithm and the best technology Using it you can convert your data into several multiple files format like PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX,...
  8. Review: Kernel for OST to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Review: Kernel for OST to PST: Today I am reviewing Kernel for OST to PST application which in my Opinion, it should be renamed to OST to anything as apart from recovering from corrupted OST files and converting them to PST, you can export to practically anything including Office 365, Google Apps/Gmail,...
  9. Review: Kernel for OST to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Review: Kernel for OST to PST: Today I am reviewing Kernel for OST to PST application which in my Opinion, it should be renamed to OST to anything as apart from recovering from corrupted OST files and converting them to PST, you can export to practically anything including Office 365, Google Apps/Gmail,...
  10. Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst: I upgraded to Win10/Office 2016 from Win7/Office 2013. At the same time, I changed my web mail (Gmail) from POP3 to IMAP. Since the upgrade, Outlook creates *.ost data files instead of *.pst data files. As far as I am able to determine, *.ost files are a product of or are...