Windows 10: can i add subtitle to my videos created with windows video editor? if yes, how?

Discus and support can i add subtitle to my videos created with windows video editor? if yes, how? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As topic, i'm having problem to add subtitles to my videos. how do I go about it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KennyLee85, Jan 7, 2019.

1. can i add subtitle to my videos created with windows video editor? if yes, how?

As topic, i'm having problem to add subtitles to my videos. how do I go about it?

:)

KennyLee85, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

Hello Rita,

Have you tried the resolutions given by other community members on this thread? If not, we suggest that you check them out and see if it helps.

If you are still unable to setup the subtitles, please answer the following questions to be able to assist you further:

• What app are you using to use when playing videos?
    • What file type are the videos that you usually play?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

I found the answer for display external subtitle file using Windows 10 "Film & TV" app.

The trick is to add the video folder into "Film & TV" app

• Launch "Film & TV" app
    • On the main screen, add the folder where you have the video by clicking on "+ Add folders"
    • This can be the parent folder of the video, and the app will scan through all the sub-directories in it (it will take some time)
    • Wait for the video scanning process to finish
    • Scroll all the way down to "All videos" to see a list of video files it recognize (if it doesn't recognize, then subtitle won't work)
    • Single click on the video to start playing
    • To confirm it picks up the subtitle file, click on "Show menu for subtitles and sound" which is a subtitle icon next to the volume button on lower left
    I named my subtitle file to the same name of my mp4 (I haven't tested other movie format)

After that is setup, then playing the video from Windows Explorer (double click) or from "Film & TV" will pick up the subtitile file

SingCheong, Jan 7, 2019
  4. can i add subtitle to my videos created with windows video editor? if yes, how?

Subtitles in videos in Windows 10.

There are a few options for an alternative solution to your problem that have already been posted by members in this thread.

• Use the "Movies & TV" app
    • Install K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool: Codec Tweak Tool > Media Foundation > disable for .mp4. Watch the videos in Windows Media Player
    • Install VLC which automatically detects SRT files with the same name as the video file

Frank Moolah, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

can i add subtitle to my videos created with windows video editor? if yes, how?

1. can i add subtitle to my videos created with windows video editor? if yes, how? - Similar Threads - add subtitle videos

2. How can I create a thumbnail for a video created in Windows Video Editor 2020?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a thumbnail for a video created in Windows Video Editor 2020?: Hi there:I uploaded a video to the Microsoft Video Editor 2020 version for Windows 10 and included background music. But how do I add a thumbnail from the video to the video so that I can use it in social media, on my Shopify store, etc.? I would like to stay away from...
  3. How can I create a thumbnail for a video created in Windows Video Editor 2020?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a thumbnail for a video created in Windows Video Editor 2020?: Hi there:I uploaded a video to the Microsoft Video Editor 2020 version for Windows 10 and included background music. But how do I add a thumbnail from the video to the video so that I can use it in social media, on my Shopify store, etc.? I would like to stay away from...
  4. Video Editor won't add videos

Video Editor won't add videos: I'm trying to import video clips and most of them just give me the error that something went wrong and they couldn't be added. No idea why. It's clearly an app issue because I tried again and got two to work but now none of the ones I'm trying will. I have already repaired...
  5. Not able to add specific video in microsoft video editor

Not able to add specific video in microsoft video editor: My problem is not able to discover a specific video while adding it in the video editor microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-add-specific-video-in-microsoft-video/796d4335-6e6d-42c5-b5cc-542b5f71615f
  6. Video Editor - Asking to Add Folder - But Still Cannot Create Video

Video Editor - Asking to Add Folder - But Still Cannot Create Video: Hello, My Windows Editor has a serious issue asking to "Add a folder to Pictures to Continue". I try doing this and still same issues. As well I reloaded the program. Before was working no problems. Looking forward to your solution. Best regards, David....
  7. How to compress a video at video editor?

How to compress a video at video editor?: Hi. I made a video in the video editor app and now doesn't allow me to e-mail it...how can I compress it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-compress-a-video-at-video-editor/7309213b-350f-40ba-8c50-20f0b9035973
  8. How do I add my own music to Video Editor?

How do I add my own music to Video Editor?: I have Windows 10 pro and I've been trying to create a video on Video Editor and for some reason when I click on "custom audio", the audio only allows me to play music on just one photo or just one video, I would like the music to automatically play as background music...
  9. How do I add transitions to video clips in Video Editor

How do I add transitions to video clips in Video Editor: I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-transitions-to-video-clips-in-video/a418b4dc-2d43-4492-80d2-3ffd0786c9c5
  10. Exporting or saving a created video on video editor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exporting or saving a created video on video editor.: I have created a video on video editor, which was great and easy. But now I cannot seem to get the promised shareable link by exporting it. Nothing happens, in fact it seems to semi-crash my computer by shutting all windows and taking me back to the desktop. It also is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i add subtitles in microsoft video editor

2. add subtitles to microsoft video editor

3. can I add subtitles to video editor