Windows 10: Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?

Discus and support Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have fujitsu celsius m720 workstation, can I add TPM 2.0 chip on it? I want to download windows 11 but i need TPM 2.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by akisha_009, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?

I have fujitsu celsius m720 workstation, can I add TPM 2.0 chip on it? I want to download windows 11 but i need TPM 2.0

:)

akisha_009, Oct 5, 2021

2. TPM chip locked out

Something went wrong with a TPM chip on one of our laptops.

The laptop asked for the Bitlocker recovery key (which it accepted) but didn't let us into the Azure connected Windows account with the PIN we created.

We logged in under the Local Admin account and turned Bitlocker off.

Now the TPM chip is locked. We can't enable it from tpm.msc as it says;

Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer? 0a45d194-8008-4ca5-8429-a2b534db77a8.png

It's been like this for 24 hours now.

I've clear the TPM chip in the BIOS

I've also flashed the BIOS

I've reset Windows using the 'Recovery' console in the settings.

I even tried enabling Bitlocker without a TPM chip from gpedit.msc and we're getting the same error message.

What can we do? How do we clear the TPM chip since we are the owners?

Dave B - Opt, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Ashton W Win User
    TPM option not displaying.

Hi Normal,

No problem at all!

According to the HP website, the specifications for that model do not list a TPM chip.

https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c04025680

Many consumer grade computers do not come with TPM chips. Generally a business level computer could include them.

Were you trying to perform something that requires a TPM chip, such as enabling BitLocker, that we could possibly help with?

-Ashton

Ashton W, Oct 5, 2021
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?

Verify Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip on Windows PC

Something I came across not long ago, is Firmware-based Trusted Platform Modules (fTPM). Whereas before in order to take advantage of a TPM you needed to have a physical TPM chip soldered to the motherboard, that seems to have changed at some point. You can now have either a Discrete TPM (Physical chip) or Firmware-based TPM.

As per THIS article, fTPM is acknowledged by the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) as a perfectly valid form of TPM and seems to perform much the same functions as a physical TPM. For Intel, their fTPM is called Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT). I don't know what chips/motherboards/BIOS support PTT, however due to it being Firmware based (as the name suggests) and not requiring a separate physical chip, it means for some devices it's possible to retrospectively add a TPM to devices that didn't have one before.

Looking through the Intel NUC list, it's not just 6th gen Skylake NUC's that it's supported on, but also 5th gen Broadwell NUC's and 4th gen Haswell NUC's too. So if you have a NUC and you have the latest BIOS, then the chances are you have a TPM 2.0 module even if you didn't think you did. You just need to enable 'Intel Platform Trust Technology' in BIOS. As previously mentioned, I don't know what other manufacturers support/will support fTPM too.

The Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT) setting in Intel VisualBIOS:

Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer? [​IMG]

With Intel PTT on in BIOS, Device Manager and tpm.msc show a TPM 2.0 module installed.

ARC1020, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?

1. Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer? - Similar Threads - add TPM chip

2. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning: Hi all,This afternoon when I turned on my computer and logged on, I opened my start menu and only Windows UWP apps showed up in the start menu the pre-installed apps on windows. Also, all my app tiles were gone and the start menu was really thin. Then, all of a sudden, all my...
  3. Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?: I have a Gateway NV76 R laptop, can I add TPM 2.0 chip to it? I want to download Windows 11 but I need TPM 2.0. and I will also need to install a new processor. The Intel R Core TM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40 GHz is what it has now. Windows 11 requires a processor higher than what is...
  4. Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?: I have a Gateway NV76 R laptop, can I add TPM 2.0 chip to it? I want to download Windows 11 but I need TPM 2.0. and I will also need to install a new processor. The Intel R Core TM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40 GHz is what it has now. Windows 11 requires a processor higher than what is...
  5. Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. TPM 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  7. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  8. TPM 2

9. Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?

Can I add TPM 2.0 chip to my computer?: I have fujitsu celsius m720 workstation, can I add TPM 2.0 chip on it? I want to download windows 11 but i need TPM 2.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-tpm-20-chip-to-my-computer/dc36ea95-5dce-428c-a8ea-21390bc7a78d
  10. what if a tpm chip fails?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what if a tpm chip fails?: all i want to know, is if you lose any data, if you do not encrypt your drive and tpm fails.from what i understand, you wont be able to login, but the data is recoverable, right?also, is it possible, that it will prevent me from entering the bios?and how likely/unlikely is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. celsius m720 problems