Windows 10: Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?

Discus and support Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently started playing around with the program rainmeter, which allows you to do fun and wacky things with your desktop. I was wondering if I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dink_Sink, May 2, 2020.

1. Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?

I recently started playing around with the program rainmeter, which allows you to do fun and wacky things with your desktop. I was wondering if I could have a different configuration for my shortcuts and programs on my desktop for when rainmeter is running vs when it is not. It may seem like a long shot but I’m hoping something like this exists, thank you in advance for any help!

submitted by /u/Dink_Sink
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dink_Sink, May 2, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, May 2, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I'm having a microphone problem in 2 different computers (laptop and desktop).

Hi Márcio,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your Microphone?
    • What is the model of your Laptop and Desktop?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any Hardware and Software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 2, 2020
  4. Mustang Win User

Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?

Best alternative desktop email client

Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy.

Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail

Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations? :)

Mustang, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations?

1. Can I alternate between 2 different desktop configurations? - Similar Threads - alternate between different

2. Alt-Tab doesn't alternate between last 2 used windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab doesn't alternate between last 2 used windows: Is there anyway of Alt-Tabbing between the last 2 used windows with the simple button combo?Previous versions of Windows you could quickly switch between 2 in-use windows by repeatedly pressing Alt-Tab eg Window A, Alt-Tab -> Window B, Alt-Tab -> Window A, Alt-Tab -> Window...
  3. Alt-Tab doesn't alternate between last 2 used windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt-Tab doesn't alternate between last 2 used windows: Is there anyway of Alt-Tabbing between the last 2 used windows with the simple button combo?Previous versions of Windows you could quickly switch between 2 in-use windows by repeatedly pressing Alt-Tab eg Window A, Alt-Tab -> Window B, Alt-Tab -> Window A, Alt-Tab -> Window...
  4. what is the difference between these 2 examples

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between these 2 examples: whea_uncorrectable_error bsod is an indication of a hardware problem take for example these 2 people who got that bsod:- 1) person aaa - aaa is getting that bsod multiple times in the same day and it can happen randomly when the pc is being used, when it's being shut down,...
  5. alternating between desktop and tablet view

in Windows 10 Customization
    alternating between desktop and tablet view: ive just purchased a new Dell laptop loaded with windows 10 home edition. i have been experimenting changing from desktop to tablet.. having switched back to desktop as a preference my laptop seems to be stuck in the tablet mode as my apps no longer are listed vertically on...
  6. How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I set the desktop to alternate between 2 wallpapers based on sunrise and sunset?: Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Basically, as the title says, I am trying to figure out a way to get my desktop wallpaper to alternate between a daytime and a night time one. I would like this to follow the sunrise and the sunset here in the UK. The closest I can get is...
  7. What's the difference between these 2 display settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the difference between these 2 display settings?: Both of them seem to allow you to make stuff on the screen larger as you can see I like things to be a bit bigger on such a hi-res screen. But what's the actual difference? For example... Would either of them affect viewing a hi-res video, say on Netflix? Would one of...
  8. 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?: hopefully this is the right forum to ask advice regarding this question... scenario: display 1 - 1080p projector display 2 - 22" 1080p monitor pc - nuc outputs x 2 - hdmi and displayport i would like to set up a movie environment on 1 display (projector) and a music...
  9. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???: Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders...
  10. Can I have different configurations per account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I have different configurations per account: I have a sort of specific problem. I have 1 computer which I use for 2 different things: gaming and as an HTPC. I have a monitor and a TV connected to the pc. When I game I want my sound to come from my asus sound card. The monitor should be the primary screen. When I use...