Windows 10: Can I assign my own filenames to images made using the Windown 10 "Scan" app?

Discus and support Can I assign my own filenames to images made using the Windown 10 "Scan" app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When using the Windows 10 "Scan" app I can select the folder to which the scanned image is saved but it appears that the filename is always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LONTJC, May 10, 2019.

1. LONTJC Win User

Can I assign my own filenames to images made using the Windown 10 "Scan" app?

When using the Windows 10 "Scan" app I can select the folder to which the scanned image is saved but it appears that the filename is always automatically allocated. is there a way to select my own preferred filename for each image?

:)

LONTJC, May 10, 2019

2. Filename OS (Assignment)

How many characters can create a filename on the ff.?

• Windows XP 32 bit
    • Windows XP 64 bit
    • Windows 7 32 bit
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    • Windows 8 32 bit
    • Windows 8 64 bit
    • Windows 10 32 bit
    • Windows 10 64 bit

Hope someone can notice my question, I need this informations for my assignment. Thankyou very much Can I assign my own filenames to images made using the Windown 10 "Scan" app? :)

Moved from: Outlook.com / Messaging / Instant messaging

Glyce Obispo, May 10, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, May 10, 2019
  4. Can I assign my own filenames to images made using the Windown 10 "Scan" app?

Unable to open Mail App in WIndowns 10

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to download and run the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check.
    This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Method 2:

Try to update Mail app from Windows store and see if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Follow the steps mentioned below to check for updates under Store for Mail app:

• From Start Screen, type
      Store
      and click on Store.
    • Look for the notification for pending updates available at the top right corner of the store. If yes, click on Updates to check for the list of updates available.
    • By default, all the updates for the apps would be marked. Right Click on the apps window and select Install Updates.
    • Wait for all the updates to get installed.
    • Check with the issue.
    Step 2:

If the issue still persist, then I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Mail app.

• Press Windows key and type
      Windows Powershell
      in search box.

• Right click on
      Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command and hit
      Enter.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

4. Reinstall the app from
    Windows Store

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Can I assign my own filenames to images made using the Windown 10 "Scan" app?

1. Can I assign my own filenames to images made using the Windown 10 "Scan" app? - Similar Threads - assign own filenames

2. My Own Photographs and Scans Blocked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Own Photographs and Scans Blocked.: All of a sudden people can't open jpg files that I send them. On checking Properties I see that my photographs all have security: "this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Some have been uploaded from my Ipad and some have been...
  3. My Own Photographs and Scans Blocked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Own Photographs and Scans Blocked.: All of a sudden people can't open jpg files that I send them. On checking Properties I see that my photographs all have security: "this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Some have been uploaded from my Ipad and some have been...
  4. Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.: Windown 10 does not install Chinese app on my computer. The error is "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windown-10-does-not-install-app-on-my-computer/3f0cebed-79a1-46b2-9719-88afbc95558e
  5. Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.

Windown 10 does not install app on my computer.: Windown 10 does not install Chinese app on my computer. The error is "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windown-10-does-not-install-app-on-my-computer/3f0cebed-79a1-46b2-9719-88afbc95558e
  6. Cannot Use @ In A Filename

Cannot Use @ In A Filename: Has anyone run into this? I can use an "&" but cannot use an "@" when renaming files if that character is the 1st character in the file name. (Win 10, v1809, build 17763.253) Thanks....
  7. Can I use Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access with a local app (App not in Microsoft Store)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I use Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access with a local app (App not in Microsoft Store)?: I'm trying to set up a kiosk that runs my application -- its not a Microsoft Store application. I'd like to run only my application, and remove access to the Desktop. Assigned Access seems to do this, but appears to work only with a Microsoft Store application. Is there...
  8. Default app assignments to filename extensions do not stick.

Default app assignments to filename extensions do not stick.: There seems to be a collision between the Windows Paint3D photo editor and the Irfanview photo editor when it comes to setting Irfanview as the default app to for .JPG files. I set it and then opening a .JGP file, the app reverts to Paint3D. Is there something I can do about...
  9. Default app assignments to filename extensions do not stick.

in Windows 10 Support
    Default app assignments to filename extensions do not stick.: There seems to be a collision between the Windows Paint3D photo editor and the Irfanview photo editor when it comes to setting Irfanview as the default app to for .JPG files. I set it and then opening a .JGP file, the app reverts to Paint3D. Is there something I can do about...
  10. i can not use my apps

i can not use my apps: 12/3/2018 msn made changes to my computor and now I can not use any of my apps. WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-use-my-apps/70ea610c-1bb6-4efd-8afc-1a848e10215e"