Windows 10: Can I auto save files of open programs before auto shutting down Windows 10?

Discus and support Can I auto save files of open programs before auto shutting down Windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi,I know I can auto shuttdown in Windows 10 from Task Scheduler at a particular time every night. I'm too lazy to go up another flight of stairs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DaedalusBD, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Can I auto save files of open programs before auto shutting down Windows 10?

Hi,I know I can auto shuttdown in Windows 10 from Task Scheduler at a particular time every night. I'm too lazy to go up another flight of stairs to shut the PC down myself and sometimes forget its been on for 3 days or more. I want to make sure that any open programs will save any open files so that I do not loose them when the PC shuts down. There could be all sorts open, AutoCAD, SketchUP, Excel, Word some video programs etc, etc. I can have them all auto save, but I want to make sure that they all save before the PC turns off at say 22:00 if its been left on.Thanks.

:)

DaedalusBD, Sep 5, 2021
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 5, 2021
  3. Anak Win User
    Run Command Box not Auto-Saving Suggestions

I know the run box was saving my entries in the auto-suggestion menu when I first purchased my machine (system one) but I don't know when it stopped, a recent update perhaps?

This first snip shows my entry for regedit and the result after I tested three times to see if regedit would be saved and it wasn't, this happens with any CMD I try to run, if I open to click on a previous CMD I am presented with an empty suggestion box.

Can I auto save files of open programs before auto shutting down Windows 10? [​IMG]

I searched and found a tutorial from @Brink on how to empty the suggestion box where the registry key is located and that result is shown in this snip, my registry key is super imposed on Shawn's .bat file:

Can I auto save files of open programs before auto shutting down Windows 10? [​IMG]

From Shawn's win8 tutorial:

Note The auto suggestions history for the Run dialog are stored in the RunMRU registry key below. This is what the .bat file below will delete for you automatically to clear the history. The next time you open something from Run, the RunMRU key will automatically be recreated and will save the new history.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU
    From the note would the general consensus be that if I delete that key it would jump start the auto-suggestion box into working again or would the problem lie elsewhere?

Anak, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Can I auto save files of open programs before auto shutting down Windows 10?

ondrive files auto save

Why are some of my Word Files saved on One Drive "Auto Save" and others are not? The ones that do not say "Auto save" have Auto Save checked when I go to File.Options.Save.

Robert Avila, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Can I auto save files of open programs before auto shutting down Windows 10?

1. Can I auto save files of open programs before auto shutting down Windows 10? - Similar Threads - auto save files

2. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  3. Auto shut down option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto shut down option: I really like Windows doesn't mean at all if it will have auto shut down, it looks like sleep and hibernation, but you can schedule what time you want to shut down PC when PC isn't in use, is a great form to economize unnecessary power consumption, same PC is a Desktop or...
  4. Auto Locking and Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Locking and Shutting Down: Hi Guys I've got a very common problem with my fresh Win 10 Pro 32bit install. After an unspecified amount of time (all different lengths), my laptop keeps auto locking, then shutting down, no amount of button presses stops this process, i havde to wait fir it to conpletely...
  5. Windows 10 auto-prompting for Shut Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 auto-prompting for Shut Down: [ATTACH] My office has been having an issue where Windows 10 prompts for a shut down without warning, while the user is working, without any special button presses. When it does this, it begins the shut down process automatically in the background, closing programs like...
  6. Windows 10 Auto Opening Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Auto Opening Programs: i'm using windows 10 and every time i restart my computer same sequence of programs open one after another. the next program won't open unless you close the first program. the sequance is netbeans 8.2 , chrome, heidisql, Dreamweaver, winrar, filmora9. I checked startup folder...
  7. AUTO SHUT DOWN WINDOW

AUTO SHUT DOWN WINDOW: How come my computer got the Auto Shut down Window on my notebook after pre-release upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-shut-down-window/8d6b7908-f6e6-487d-be2c-acc4633d0eee
  8. Problem- auto self shutting down and restart auto there after

Problem- auto self shutting down and restart auto there after: My pc has problem... go to start up it with power on button and go 3-sec and auto restart repeatedly Before this when was going to startup when entered Windows auto restart repeatedly May power button has problem or... UPS slot Problem... connect to other slot?...
  9. Auto-shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-shut down: After updating to windows 1909, I am experiencing auto shut down issues with my notebook at 20% battery level. So I did reset my pc and the issue is solved like magic but, then after installing all my apps, the issue is back again. My pc specs:- HP omen 15 i7-8750h gtx1050...
  10. Issue of auto shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue of auto shutting down: We had a windows 2012 server with us and MySQL for an application is working with it. The day before yesterday it starts shutting down automatically and showing an error like entering to low power state in event manager. We thought it was due to some heating problem or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save file automaticaly afte pc power shot down