Windows 10: can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ?

Discus and support can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi can i avoid to download lots of stuff in the start menu ? like news,xbox new games,money,and others they are going to download every x time new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drugo, Feb 11, 2016.

1. drugo Win User

can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ?

Hi
    can i avoid to download lots of stuff in the start menu ?

like news,xbox new games,money,and others
    they are going to download every x time new informtaion

i just want the email

can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ? [​IMG]

thanks

:)

drugo, Feb 11, 2016

2. How to use standalone installer of .net 3.5 win 10

I want .net 3.5 installed on my computer and instead of enabling it in windows features (It starts to download it), I want to install it with the stand alone exe file I have to avoid my slow and moody network.

Moved from Insider

Ra&sheikh, Feb 11, 2016
  3. W10 Start menu always up on waking from sleep

Thanks MarkG125 & GearWorld. Your solutions work great. I can avoid the start menu on wake-up by not using the start menu to sleep the computer. If I right-click on the start menu and sleep or use Alt-F4 and sleep I can avoid the start menu on wake up.
    I imagine using a designated 'sleep' key on the keyboard would also avoid the start menu on start up, but I don't have one to double-check that.

___Phil___, Feb 11, 2016
  4. can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ?

That's the whole purpose of "live" tiles -- they are kept constantly up to date.

If you don't want them, you can remove them from the Start Menu -- but I don't know if that turns the related services off in the background.

Mark Phelps, Feb 11, 2016
  5. Archie123 Win User
    right click and select turn live tile off

Archie123, Feb 11, 2016
  6. drugo Win User
    hi
    you know , i did a test
    i boot windows (the same i did with w8.1) and i keep idle , the antivirus eset smart security 9 scans for example 600 files

i did boot windows 10 i kept it idle , the same antivirus with the same settings scannned more then 2000 files

hi
    does it block downloading from the net?
    thanks

drugo, Feb 12, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    The whole purpose of the Metro Live tiles, whether you are in desktop mode or Tablet mode, is to allow you to use them. I purged all of those tiles and the associated apps off of the test unit I was running Windows 10 on, until I wiped it to load Linux on for program testing.

bro67, Feb 12, 2016
  8. Archie123 Win User

No mate nothing else is affected it will just stop that app checking for updates . I've deleted all of them personally but it's just as easy to turn them off *Smile

Archie123, Feb 12, 2016
  9. drugo Win User
    hi
    did you uninstall them all ?
    even email , and calendar?

drugo, Feb 12, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Feb 12, 2016
  11. Archie123 Win User
    no sorry i meant deleted them from the start menu as in removed the tile the apps are still there and available to use if i want them *Smile

Archie123, Feb 12, 2016
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    In the start menu you only have a shortcut. If you delete that, you have not really accomplished anything. The program is still there.

13. Archie123 Win User

I don't think he wants rid he just wants them to stop accessing the interweb *Smile

Archie123, Feb 12, 2016
  14. Simple :

settings > system > display notifications > apps,power > notifications and actions > all your app notification on/off toggles are in there *Smile

blutos cousin, Feb 12, 2016
  15. drugo Win User
    edit
    hi
    i have only email enabled ,but i guess it the notification banner

drugo, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

1. can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ? - Similar Threads - avoid downloading net

2. How can I open the start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  3. How to avoid duplicate download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to avoid duplicate download.: Good, I would like to know if there is a way to avoid downloading the files again and save its history, to explain it I will use as an example the extension "Powerful Pixiv Downloader" among its functions is to avoid downloading the same image, even if after a while you see...
  4. How to avoid duplicate download.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to avoid duplicate download.: Good, I would like to know if there is a way to avoid downloading the files again and save its history, to explain it I will use as an example the extension "Powerful Pixiv Downloader" among its functions is to avoid downloading the same image, even if after a while you see...
  5. "Download" icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Download" icons in Start Menu: Hello all,On my laptop which I got in October of last year, I've noticed that in the Play folder on the Start menu, the contents will appear correctly if the folder isn't open. However, if I do open the folder, five out of the six icons will appear as a download icon. These...
  6. "Download" icons in Start Menu

"Download" icons in Start Menu: Hello all,On my laptop which I got in October of last year, I've noticed that in the Play folder on the Start menu, the contents will appear correctly if the folder isn't open. However, if I do open the folder, five out of the six icons will appear as a download icon. These...
  7. "Download" icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't Download apps from the net

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Download apps from the net: There is no admin on my pc and i need to download apps, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-the-net/104b799c-abcf-48d9-bb8d-eb777ec41629
  9. How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?

How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?: I have a lot of programs installed and have my own toolbars to access them. Seeing all those programs on the Programs list of the start menu is distracting. All I really want is the folders that house subprograms. The only option offered is to uninstall but not to remove from...
  10. Can i shrink start menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i shrink start menu ?: Hello. Is there anyway to shrink the size of the start menu ? i HAVE hovered over the edge and two arrows appear pointing in different directions,but when i drag the start menu area to the LEFT it just pops back to where it was. The picture below shows with red dashes the...