Windows 10: can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ?

Discus and support can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Rubbish. I have a 29GB partition set aside for windows. The apps I removed were more than 1 GB which is pretty big. Solitaire and the CandyCrush... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drugo, Feb 11, 2016.

1. drugo Win User

can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ?

hi
    really? 1gb of unless application ???
    insane really , rubbish i agree
    may i know which tool did you use to get rid of them?
    i want to keep only email and calendar

drugo, Feb 15, 2016
  2. mrgeek Win User

"The apps are not regenerated - only when you upgrade to a new version (or build) of Windows."
    I defer but I have removed Store apps before. Some like 'Get Office' or 'Get Started' never came back but there was a cumulative update on 1/29 and 2/4 and all the highlighted apps were either updated or reinstalled same dates. Coincidence ?

can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Britton Win User
    Well like lx07 and I said, you can remove the apps with CCleaner, but apparently they will come back if Windows release a major build release thought Windows update. Even I didn't know that.

It's also possible to delete the apps themselves from there location on the hard drive. The apps are stored in the ProgramFiles folder in a WindowsApps directory but that folder is hidden. So you would have to expose hidden files to find it. Also just deleting the data for the apps won't really clean up the mess it'll make on the start menu. At least I don't think it does, plus you'll have to give yourself permission to even be able to delete those files and folder manually. Take if from me don't do it, just unpin them. I'm referring specifically to the stand apps like Calculator, Mail, Calendar, Camera, etc. Not downloaded apps from the store like Solitaire and others. Just the defacto ones that come with Windows by default.

Britton, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Britton Win User

Mistake post, was not intentional.

Britton, Feb 15, 2016
  5. drugo Win User
    hi
    may i ask you did you used ccleaner or other tools to uninstall them ?
    thanks

drugo, Feb 15, 2016
  6. drugo Win User
    hi
    in short it's unless to uninstall them
    they will come back *Sad

drugo, Feb 15, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    No and yes. You may have a reason to uninstall them (I remove them for space reasons).

They will come back every upgrade.

If you have a huge SSD (64MB or bigger) then you may as well not worry about it.

8. mrgeek Win User

No, I used the right-click from the App list in Start Menu. When they re-appeared, I used a PowerShell command (eg- Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage ) . When they re-appeared again, I gave up *cry

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. can i avoid downloading from net in the start menu ? - Similar Threads - avoid downloading net

2. How can I open the start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  3. How to avoid duplicate download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to avoid duplicate download.: Good, I would like to know if there is a way to avoid downloading the files again and save its history, to explain it I will use as an example the extension "Powerful Pixiv Downloader" among its functions is to avoid downloading the same image, even if after a while you see...
  4. How to avoid duplicate download.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to avoid duplicate download.: Good, I would like to know if there is a way to avoid downloading the files again and save its history, to explain it I will use as an example the extension "Powerful Pixiv Downloader" among its functions is to avoid downloading the same image, even if after a while you see...
  5. "Download" icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Download" icons in Start Menu: Hello all,On my laptop which I got in October of last year, I've noticed that in the Play folder on the Start menu, the contents will appear correctly if the folder isn't open. However, if I do open the folder, five out of the six icons will appear as a download icon. These...
  6. "Download" icons in Start Menu

"Download" icons in Start Menu: Hello all,On my laptop which I got in October of last year, I've noticed that in the Play folder on the Start menu, the contents will appear correctly if the folder isn't open. However, if I do open the folder, five out of the six icons will appear as a download icon. These...
  7. "Download" icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't Download apps from the net

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Download apps from the net: There is no admin on my pc and i need to download apps, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-the-net/104b799c-abcf-48d9-bb8d-eb777ec41629
  9. How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?

How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?: I have a lot of programs installed and have my own toolbars to access them. Seeing all those programs on the Programs list of the start menu is distracting. All I really want is the folders that house subprograms. The only option offered is to uninstall but not to remove from...
  10. Can i shrink start menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i shrink start menu ?: Hello. Is there anyway to shrink the size of the start menu ? i HAVE hovered over the edge and two arrows appear pointing in different directions,but when i drag the start menu area to the LEFT it just pops back to where it was. The picture below shows with red dashes the...