Windows 10: Can I avoid the bloatware on a new machine?

Discus and support Can I avoid the bloatware on a new machine? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! I hope that I'm not in the wrong place to ask this question, but I didn't see it in the FAQ after reading the sidebar. As the title implies,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/astrononymity, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Can I avoid the bloatware on a new machine?

Hi all! I hope that I'm not in the wrong place to ask this question, but I didn't see it in the FAQ after reading the sidebar.

As the title implies, I'm looking to get a new windows machine (I'm currently a Windows 7 holdout and MacBook user) and I've heard utter horror stories about the bloatware that Windows 10 forces on its users. I've also been led to understand that Microsoft has removed the ability to uninstall these unwanted programs in a lot of cases.

How valid are these claims? Am I in a for a frustrating experience with my new machine?

Thank you so much for your time and assistance!

EDIT: Formatting.

submitted by /u/astrononymity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/astrononymity, Jul 19, 2020

2. Can I run Battlefield 2 on my parents computer?

If I am going to buy something, I want my game to run medium to well as far as game speed and res. I am open to any suggestions and advice on how to match up my new GPU with my old dell dimesions 8400 setup previously listed as the setup at my rents house. I want enough power to run BF2 online well to avoid lag problems. Also does anyone suggest new memory for my BF2 applications?

floridajerseyguy, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Sniggler Win User
    List of Microsoft Apps Which Can Be Removed As Bloatware?

Just setting up a new Dell PC with Win10 1909. As I have been doing for past 15 years, immediately got rid the Dell bloatware, but I am stuck on what to kill off regarding Microsoft's bloatware. Cant seem to find any comprehensive list of apps OK to delete... anyone know of such a list? Thanks!

Sniggler, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Can I avoid the bloatware on a new machine?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Can I avoid the bloatware on a new machine?

1. Can I avoid the bloatware on a new machine? - Similar Threads - avoid bloatware machine

2. How can I avoid Windows from automatically installing new GPU drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I avoid Windows from automatically installing new GPU drivers?: When I try to run AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, I get an error : "Windows update have automatically replaced your amd graphics driver. Hence, the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD Graphics driver."After a research...
  3. How can I avoid Windows from automatically installing new GPU drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I avoid Windows from automatically installing new GPU drivers?: When I try to run AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, I get an error : "Windows update have automatically replaced your amd graphics driver. Hence, the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD Graphics driver."After a research...
  4. What bloatware can I remove on my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What bloatware can I remove on my desktop: Best buy told me to search online to see what bloatware programs I can uninstall. However there is so much different information. I have a desktop and want to know which files I can remove without harming my pc. Attached are screenshots of HP and Microsoft programs. Would...
  5. bloatware

in Windows 10 Customization
    bloatware: after running this command in powershell - DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages select-string Packagename the results include - AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-2.59462344778C5_10.19.40016.0_x64__0a9344xs7nr4m i think this is the AMD radeon settings lite app is it...
  6. bloatware

bloatware: I want to know why Microsoft thinks its absolutely necessary to install apps like skype, xbox, etc, on all computers, and then makes it impossible to completely remove it, wothout it returning during the next update. Xbox essentially functions asmalware, at this point. You...
  7. Bloatware on new HP laptop

Bloatware on new HP laptop: I just bought a new HP ProBook laptop which has the following bloatware installed: HP Client Security Manager HP Connection Manager HP Sure Click HP Notifications HP Support Assist I’m inclined to remove all except Support Assist unless anyone can advise me any of the rest...
  8. how can I avoid windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can I avoid windows updates: Greetings I rolled back to 1803 and received 2 updates causing a demand for activation that failed. update to 1809 solves this problem but damages my HP printer and nothing I did helped besides returning to 1803. I turned off everything I could in Settings --> update &...
  9. Bloatware

Bloatware: I finally received my Dell Laptop. It came with little bloatware and I am very surprised with it. So far it works flawless. However, the bloatware that it did come with, I would like to know if I should remove it. The following is the list of bloatware: 1.)...
  10. Can I image machine a to a new drive machine b?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I image machine a to a new drive machine b?: Ok, this 'brilliant' idea I just had to save time and aggravation can't be possible--but I have to ask. I have OEM Win10 + apps/data on my recent Lenovo P50. I've installed a third party BIOS on my old Lenovo T61 (to run SATA II), replaced the cooling fan and will...