Windows 10: can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow?

Discus and support can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mtn2cimb, Oct 17, 2018.

1. mtn2cimb Win User

can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow?

:)

mtn2cimb, Oct 17, 2018

2. The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Desktop Background Slideshow in Windows 10

I have found that you cannot use the downloaded themes and change them except for the overall background color.

I use my own pictures through settings-personalization-background-slideshow, there I choose my picture folder. Then I choose a background color in "colors". Close the settings, go back again, settings-personalization, and open themes-theme settings. There
    the slideshow or theme with my pictures including the background color of my choice is listed as unsaved theme. Save it.

Changing other things such as duration of slide display, I think the only way so far is what someone here has suggested: Put cursor on a theme, then press Windows Key + R, and type control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper.

It's all a bit complicated

dschaareman, Oct 17, 2018
  4. CaddyMick Win User

FIX: Background Theme Slideshow for Windows 10

Create A Custom Slideshow Theme for Windows 10

=================================

Possible Problems:

1. The option to create a background slideshow is not working in Windows 10.

2. Background Slideshows from a previous Windows version not working or found.

3. Links to a Photo Album: Personalize > Background > Slideshow displays "No items match your search." when selecting a folder containing your pictures.

Update Note: The latest Windows 10 update (November 2015) has corrected most of the issues mentioned in this post. can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow? :) Review your Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update for more information.

============================================

If your Slideshow option or theme is not working, or you want to create a new slideshow follow these steps.

SOLUTION: Create a Slideshow Using Windows 10 Settings:

From your Desktop, R-Click the screen and select "Personalize" > Select Background > Slideshow > Browse

Find the folder containing your slideshow pictures and click on it. The image below shows that the folder is empty, and there is nothing to select. Ignore the "No items match your search." text and click the "Choose this folder" button:

can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow? f1d17af2-e300-4d2e-a64c-105165cf73a3.jpg

The slides from your folder should appear immediately as your background. Review and select the available options for changing the picture time, shuffle and choose a fit.

1. Update Settings: Return to Settings >Personalization > Select "Themes... Theme Settings"

2. You should see your theme available under the "My Themes" group.

3. Click the "Unsaved Theme" then save it with a new theme name.

can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow? c3890f33-41ab-42f3-83ae-29b8f330d276.jpg

To change or update slides simply add or remove image files from your background folder.

Updated: November 26, 2015

CaddyMick, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. can i back up to look at a prior background picture in a theme slideshow? - Similar Threads - prior background picture

2. Look for the deleted background pictures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Look for the deleted background pictures.: I have two devices and my background pictures are stored in device A. They are synced to device B. I accidentally deleted all of them in device A in the process of reinstalling my Windows, but I can still see those backgrounds in device B when I use it. I can only see my...
  3. Look for the deleted background pictures.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Look for the deleted background pictures.: I have two devices and my background pictures are stored in device A. They are synced to device B. I accidentally deleted all of them in device A in the process of reinstalling my Windows, but I can still see those backgrounds in device B when I use it. I can only see my...
  4. Look for the deleted background pictures.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I create a background picture slideshow?

How do I create a background picture slideshow?: How do I create a background picture slideshow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-background-picture-slideshow/3632d909-d655-44e8-b45d-9ce69baa456b
  6. Background theme pictures

Background theme pictures: Recently when I turn on my computer, the desk top theme or even the solid back ground colors appear to have a foggy haze overlaying the phot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-theme-pictures/ee564161-feb1-44d3-8976-909768028557
  7. themes background pictures stored where?

themes background pictures stored where?: where are the themes pictures stored in a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/themes-background-pictures-stored-where/cd85408e-f9cb-4c36-86f6-17832fae3ab3
  8. Select theme pictures-Desktop Background

Select theme pictures-Desktop Background: I can't find the lower panel in the Personalization view. The one where I can select or deselect pictures in a saved theme. I see it on my work desktop running Pro but not on a Home machine. Please don't tell me that's the reason, Home vs Pro? For something simple like...
  9. Background switches from Slideshow to Picture

Background switches from Slideshow to Picture: Hey Everyone, I upgraded my computer (Desktop PC) from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM and while everything works good, I have an issue with my background settings. I have a folder on a local drive that has all of the pictures that I want in my slide show, and it works...
  10. how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background

how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background: In W-7, I could go to the "Change the visuals and sounds on your computer" and click the "Desktop Background" Slide Show. once there, I could check or uncheck the pictures I wanted. In W-10, when I click "Desktop Background", I get the "Background" "Preview" window. There's...