Windows 10: Can I backup different Windows 10 versions with Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Can I backup different Windows 10 versions with Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. I am about to backup Windows 10 1809 with an external hard drive using Macrium. When the next major update (version1903) is installed, can I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Mcd73165, May 1, 2019.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Can I backup different Windows 10 versions with Macrium Reflect

Hi. I am about to backup Windows 10 1809 with an external hard drive using Macrium. When the next major update (version1903) is installed, can I use the same external hard drive to back up the new version as well? The external HD is 2 TB. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, May 1, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can I backup different Windows 10 versions with Macrium Reflect [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 1, 2019
  3. Issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs Windows 10.

Hi Ed,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you have issues with Macrium Reflect and SyncToy programs on Windows 10. We feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. What is the version of SyncToy installed on your computer?

2. What is the version of Macrium Reflect installed on your computer?

3. As per you query, you say "scheduler not working for macrium reflect", are you referring to Task scheduler?

4. If it is Task scheduler, Is Task scheduler working on all programs, other than Macrium Reflect ?

Please post your query on SyncToy forum link below:

Microsoft forums - Microsoft Sync Framework

Let's refer to these links below.

Schedule Task

Macrium Software | 404

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, May 1, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

To make comments changes:
    1. right click definition
    2. click Advanced options when window pops up
    3. go to the comments tab in the 2nd window that opens up

Cliff S, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I backup different Windows 10 versions with Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - backup different versions

2. Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?: I am using one of the "canned" backup definitions: Full backup at 9 AM on the first Monday of every month Differential backup at 9 AM every Monday of every week Incremental backup at 9 AM every Monday...Sunday The last full backup should have been done on Monday April 4, but...
  3. Can I backup different Windows 10 versions with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I backup different Windows 10 versions with Macrium Reflect: Hi. I am about to backup Windows 10 1809 with an external hard drive using Macrium. When the next major update (version1903) is installed, can I use the same external hard drive to back up the new version as well? The external HD is 2 TB. Thanks in advance for any replies....
  4. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  5. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  6. can macrium reflect free read backup created with a previous version ?

can macrium reflect free read backup created with a previous version ?: I'm using macrium reflect free V6 6.1.1225 and there is a new version 6.1.1311 will my old backups work if I update it ? also which is better uninstall macrium and download the new version or just update ? 52628
  7. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  8. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  9. macrium reflect -- install different trial version?

macrium reflect -- install different trial version?: I installed macrium reflect home, trial edition. when the trial runs out, can I install workstation trial? EDIT: I am asking here, rather than on the official macrium forum, because a trial license does not entitle you to join the forum. over there, you have to pay in...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524