Windows 10: Can I be administrator for my computer forever?

Discus and support Can I be administrator for my computer forever? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There are no security issues in this household. But I continue to struggle with running things as administrator. I tried the tutorial on assigning the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lbeck, Oct 13, 2019.

1. lbeck Win User

Can I be administrator for my computer forever?

There are no security issues in this household. But I continue to struggle with running things as administrator. I tried the tutorial on assigning the “run as administrator” command to the context menu but it ain’t working for me.

Ever since upgrading to W10 I get the message that I can’t do something because I’m not the administrator. Can I be recognized as administrator at logon?

Presently I’m finding it difficult to remove the read-only attribute from files copied from a DVD to my HDD. I probably can figure it out, but I’m really searching for a way to be recognized as administrator forever.

:)

lbeck, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

Can I be administrator for my computer forever? [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Can I be administrator for my computer forever?

Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer any more.

Hi Elissa,

Thank you for the update. You may check this article on how to disable OneDrive on your computer. Regarding your "not the Administrator" issue, we suggest that you
    enable the built-in administrator account on Windows 10 by running a command in an elevated command prompt. In order to do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Accept the User Account Control prompt.
    • Enter this command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Can I be administrator for my computer forever?

1. Can I be administrator for my computer forever? - Similar Threads - administrator computer forever

2. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?: How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer? This is a brand new laptop and when I logged in, it logged me in as 2 years old, and I in fact am not 2 years old.I need to use this computer for school and I can not even access websites because it thinks i'm 2...
  3. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?: How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer? This is a brand new laptop and when I logged in, it logged me in as 2 years old, and I in fact am not 2 years old.I need to use this computer for school and I can not even access websites because it thinks i'm 2...
  4. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. I am not administrator of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not administrator of my computer: I am not administrator of my computer. How to became? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-administrator-of-my-computer/70f135c8-dd08-441b-9f0e-3fe5f6142c17
  6. I am not administrator of my computer

I am not administrator of my computer: I am not administrator of my computer. How to became? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-administrator-of-my-computer/70f135c8-dd08-441b-9f0e-3fe5f6142c17
  7. Administrator of my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator of my computer?: I have Windows 11 with Office 2019 - not Office 365. I have to make some changes in my security program. Microsoft is telling me "I'm the administrator of my organization." I never intended to make my self the "administrator" but somehow this happened at some point that I...
  8. Administrator of my computer?

Administrator of my computer?: I have Windows 11 with Office 2019 - not Office 365. I have to make some changes in my security program. Microsoft is telling me "I'm the administrator of my organization." I never intended to make my self the "administrator" but somehow this happened at some point that I...
  9. Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.: Hello, Microsoft.I need help with my Minecraft Alternative Download,For some reason every time I seem to open it, it always freezes on me. I don't know if it is taking a long time to install or if it is an error.Please let me know!Thanks! :- John...
  10. Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.

Minecraft is taking forever to install on my computer.: Hello, Microsoft.I need help with my Minecraft Alternative Download,For some reason every time I seem to open it, it always freezes on me. I don't know if it is taking a long time to install or if it is an error.Please let me know!Thanks! :- John...