Windows 10: Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update?

Discus and support Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My home computer updated to Windows 10 latest release and it corrupted my OS as well as crashed my hard drive. This update has ended up costing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bertorelli, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update?

My home computer updated to Windows 10 latest release and it corrupted my OS as well as crashed my hard drive. This update has ended up costing me $180 to repair. I had to pay the Geek Squad to restore my data and replace the hard drive.

:)

Bertorelli, Aug 13, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

i cant say for sure what might be causing problems for those who are experiencing issues, but I figured it couldnt hurt to point this out to those who might not be aware of it, it is ONLY effecting Insider program members. as far as M$ has announced.

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop

jboydgolfer, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update?

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

I know you posted back in August and likely have it already, but this page is useful for those still looking to upgrade to 1607, you can choose to use the new ISO or use this page and download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Ya some folks have issues and corruption/failed update issues here. I personally haven't had any issues with 1607 on any of my personal rigs or family rigs, but have seen plenty of customer/client PC's. But depending on what your issues really are beyond vague slowness and OpenGL broken I'd start with running an administrative command line and run SFC /Scannnow and see if that resolves any OS corruptions.

Might not hurt to check and verify if the Windows Update cache is corrupted...I've been seeing this issue more on 7 than 10, but I've seen it on both.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058
    How To Purge the Windows Update Cache

Hopefully that will get you in the right direction to resolving issues.

I'd also recommend checking Event Log system logs to see if there's something causing major issues, also if your hard drive is busy, get into Resource Monitor and find out what's taking up those resources. Might not hurt to run a malware scan just in case something was on there and is kicked now and just happened to coincide with the Windows Updates you ran.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update?

1. Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - reimbursed issues caused

2. Can I get reimbursed for the damages caused by updating the windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get reimbursed for the damages caused by updating the windows 10?: It's been 2 days since the automatic installation of windows 10 was downloaded in my laptop Asus. Unfortunately looked like looping in a repairing disk errors infinitely and asked to get consulted by technician and just by restarting it repeatedly advised me to buy a new ram...
  3. Can I get reimbursed for the damages caused by updating the windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I get reimbursed for the damages caused by updating the windows 10?: It's been 2 days since the automatic installation of windows 10 was downloaded in my laptop Asus. Unfortunately looked like looping in a repairing disk errors infinitely and asked to get consulted by technician and just by restarting it repeatedly advised me to buy a new ram...
  4. Can I get reimbursed for the damages caused by updating the windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues: Windows 10 update last night i can no longer playback audio through my audio interface. It doesn;t show the interface as a choice for output. The interface does show as an input so it does see it. Interface is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. The drivers are current....
  6. Windows 10 Update Causing Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Causing Issues: Hi all, I received and installed 3 updates last night: KB4570723 KB4497165 KB4023057 Today I have encountered a whole host of problems: Computer won't restart and it gets stuck in restart; Computer won't shut down. The screen powers off but the computer keeps...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10....

Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10....: Latest Windows 10 update causing Major Issues! How can I uninstall KB4566785 on Windows 10. This update has caused my MS office 365 and WMS Works to crash....
  8. Can Windows updates cause sound issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Windows updates cause sound issues?: If so, how do I determine if the sound issues are caused by an update and not from a hardware/software issue? I've had sound issues for a while now and I noticed that they improved somewhat (not back to 100%) after the latest update. So I wonder if a previous update is what...
  9. Can Windows updates cause sound issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Windows updates cause sound issues?: If so, how do I determine if the sound issues are caused by an update and not from a hardware/software issue? I've had sound issues for a while now and I noticed that they improved somewhat (not back to 100%) after the latest update. So I wonder if a previous update is what...
  10. Anyone reimbursed by Microsoft for Windows 10 repair bill?

Anyone reimbursed by Microsoft for Windows 10 repair bill?: Found out yesterday that apparently Windows 10 has been having MAJOR issues with updates. I had purchased my NEW laptop LAST YEAR August 2018 and was thoroughly excited as my hand me down laptop with Windows 7 had kicked me to the curb with a fan issue which would have cost...