Windows 10: Can I bill Microsoft for breaking Realtek Ethernet?

Discus and support Can I bill Microsoft for breaking Realtek Ethernet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So far, I have purchased 2 WiFi adapters and 1 Ethernet adapter in an attempt to fix this issue. It seems to only be happening to Realtek devices and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TommyMertell, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Can I bill Microsoft for breaking Realtek Ethernet?

So far, I have purchased 2 WiFi adapters and 1 Ethernet adapter in an attempt to fix this issue. It seems to only be happening to Realtek devices and I was notified that it was an issue with update 1809 and the "development team is working on it as fast as they can". I'm sorry, but I've tried everything the articles, forums, and Microsoft's IT team have told me to fix this issue yet I've spent ~$50 just to have internet again, 1/2 the price of the operating system and it's WiFi. This is not a new issue either as this issue happened in the 17xx updates but I wasn't here for that, just upgraded last month from Win7, which worked for literally 4 years without ever providing any issues that couldn't be fixed. I'm considering invoicing Microsoft for the purchases since they broke their own code while knowing it has been a common issue since over a year ago.

:)

TommyMertell, Jan 6, 2019

2. REALTEK RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC not detected by Windows 10

Those listed under Model was :

• Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (Microsoft)
    • Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (Microsoft)
    • Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)

Levis Raju, Jan 6, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    realtek ethernet

To isolate the case, we would suggest that you use other "Realtek Ethernet", and see if it does the same thing.

Regards.

John Sarc, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Can I bill Microsoft for breaking Realtek Ethernet?

Ethernet

Hi Lynne,

To better assist you with the Realtek Ethernet that was installed on your computer, please clarify the following:

• What specific error message are you getting?
    • Are you getting this issue when you play games, or does it affect other applications on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Can I bill Microsoft for breaking Realtek Ethernet?

1. Can I bill Microsoft for breaking Realtek Ethernet? - Similar Threads - bill Microsoft breaking

2. Realtek update breaks audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek update breaks audio: Hi,When windows update downloads a realtek update, the audio breaks and my laptop doesn't play any sound I mean it plays but no sound from speakers/headphones. I can only fix it by using system restore. But it keeps happening. I can't stop windows update forever so I need a...
  3. Realtek update breaks audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek update breaks audio: Hi,When windows update downloads a realtek update, the audio breaks and my laptop doesn't play any sound I mean it plays but no sound from speakers/headphones. I can only fix it by using system restore. But it keeps happening. I can't stop windows update forever so I need a...
  4. Microsoft Bill

Microsoft Bill: I am not able to pay my Microsoft Bill until September 27, 2023. Can I get an extension for the payment for September 27, 2023? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-bill/7e8bde2b-7da5-46d6-9cbb-0658c30d5e16
  5. Realtek Ethernet Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Ethernet Problem: Hi, I need to know the two failed test is a major issue or a common thing for all PCI network card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-ethernet-problem/b5903579-0f13-4bcc-8df0-eb195ff0a3d1
  6. Realtek Ethernet Problem

Realtek Ethernet Problem: Hi, I need to know the two failed test is a major issue or a common thing for all PCI network card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-ethernet-problem/b5903579-0f13-4bcc-8df0-eb195ff0a3d1
  7. Realtek Ethernet Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Ethernet realtek is slow....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet realtek is slow....: i have a problem my ethernet lan RTL8111H is a gigabit lan controller i have the gigabit but is very slow... i have 400mbps in download and 58,57mbps in upload... how can i fix it? i am running windows 10 pro 64bit Thanks 131751
  9. Can not install realtek ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not install realtek ethernet driver: I just turned on my PC i went on youtube but... it didn't work.If I go in device manager the ethernet controller device is unrecognised. [ATTACH] I tried installing the driver by searching automatically . Then I went to one of my friends and downloaded the needed driver...
  10. Realtek Ethernet Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Realtek Ethernet Problems: I have tried to set up Win 10 on my desktop,however, Win 10 conflicts with my Realtek Ethernet, I can not make the program to connect with the net, however, my lap top coneects (via WiFi) with no problems. Should I remove Win 8.1 frommy desktop and complete a clean install of...