Windows 10: Can I block the new Microsoft News screen. Windows 10

Discus and support Can I block the new Microsoft News screen. Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After logging in with my 'HELLO PIN' number, this is the first screen that I see: [IMG] I don't want it, I don't need it and I strongly object to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Can I block the new Microsoft News screen. Windows 10

After logging in with my 'HELLO PIN' number, this is the first screen that I see:

Can I block the new Microsoft News screen. Windows 10 [​IMG]

I don't want it, I don't need it and I strongly object to some of its contents, such asDating Sites for heavens sake, & sponsored unwanted ads trying to sell me items I would never buy in a million years. How on earth can these be described as 'News'? They're just income-generating.

Its content reminds me of the old MSN screen that popped up just before we logged off.

It's also an extra unwanted stage in getting to my mail Inbox.

How can I block it?

:)

Taffy087, Mar 21, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I block the new Microsoft News screen. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - block Microsoft News

2. Microsoft News app, new bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News app, new bug?: Has anyone noticed that after doing a search within the app, clicking on any result does not take you to the article, but instead brings you to the home page of "MIcrosoft Bing", with no reference whatsoever to original search criteria....
  3. Microsoft News app, new bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft News app, new bug?: Has anyone noticed that after doing a search within the app, clicking on any result does not take you to the article, but instead brings you to the home page of "MIcrosoft Bing", with no reference whatsoever to original search criteria....
  4. I can not launch Microsoft store nor Microsoft news.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can not launch Microsoft store nor Microsoft news.: A Micrisoft tech told me to uninstall the news and reload it from the store. I did the uninstall but the store will not load. neither will feedback. I called up the store in my browser but the news will not load there either. What have they done?,...
  5. I can not launch Microsoft store nor Microsoft news.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not launch Microsoft store nor Microsoft news.: A Micrisoft tech told me to uninstall the news and reload it from the store. I did the uninstall but the store will not load. neither will feedback. I called up the store in my browser but the news will not load there either. What have they done?,...
  6. I can not launch Microsoft store nor Microsoft news.

7. New updates to Microsoft News app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New updates to Microsoft News app in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Microsoft News team works year-round to make delivering the news from our 1,200 partners (which represent about 4,500 brands) fast, seamless, and relevant. Improvements often come from your feedback, such as the ability to hide stories from publishers you were...
  8. Cannot block ABC News.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot block ABC News.: In my hosts file I have the following entries: 127.0.0.1http://www.abcnews.go.com 127.0.0.1www.go.com 127.0.0.1https://go.com They simply do not work, any thoughts? Thanks submitted by /u/MCBarkingSpoon [link] [comments]...
  9. How can I block the Microsoft News Feed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I block the Microsoft News Feed?: Every time (a) I click on my outlook.com tab and also (b) when I leave the MS Community, I get the blasted Microsoft News Feed. I don't want it and I can't stand it - it's full of nonsense as far as I'm concerned. It also interferes with my use of MY laptop. Every time it...
  10. How can I block the Microsoft News Feed?

How can I block the Microsoft News Feed?: Every time (a) I click on my outlook.com tab and also (b) when I leave the MS Community, I get the blasted Microsoft News Feed. I don't want it and I can't stand it - it's full of nonsense as far as I'm concerned. It also interferes with my use of MY laptop. Every time it...