Windows 10: Can I block Windows Insider Service from the Internet?

Discus and support Can I block Windows Insider Service from the Internet? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New build here, just finishing setting up. The firewall (ESET Internet Security) keeps reporting numerous "apps" and services trying to access some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unifex, Jan 12, 2021.

1. unifex Win User

Can I block Windows Insider Service from the Internet?

New build here, just finishing setting up. The firewall (ESET Internet Security) keeps reporting numerous "apps" and services trying to access some server or other. Some of these are not necessary to me and I block them from calling home, but with others I'm not sure. So here's the question:

This PC is supposed to be for work and so not at all on any Insider circle (not even a Microsoft account on the machine). Yet the Windows Insider Service (wisvc) keeps running and wants to access the Internet, although Services reports it not to be running. The problem however is typical to many other services - this service is performed by svchost.exe, which carries many other services as well. If I block it from the net, will I block all services together or just this one? How would ESET know which service is carried by svchost.exe?

:)

unifex, Jan 12, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Can I block Windows Insider Service from the Internet? :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Can I block Windows Insider Service from the Internet?

windows 10- block user from internet

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the Windows 8.1 steps in the following Microsoft Help article to block child user from accessing internet and check if it helps. The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Can I block Windows Insider Service from the Internet?

1. Can I block Windows Insider Service from the Internet? - Similar Threads - block Insider Service

2. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  3. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  4. Computer blocked from the internet Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer blocked from the internet Windows 11: I am blocked from accessing the internet via wifi, direct connection or hotspot. I have run network/check repair on it and got "dns server not responding. " I have also gone through the following:Disabling the VPNRefresh the windows IP --> I get "no operation can be performed...
  5. Computer blocked from the internet Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer blocked from the internet Windows 11: I am blocked from accessing the internet via wifi, direct connection or hotspot. I have run network/check repair on it and got "dns server not responding. " I have also gone through the following:Disabling the VPNRefresh the windows IP --> I get "no operation can be performed...
  6. Internet blocking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet blocking: Hello guy, I have an issue hope you can help me, I have a switch 8 ports 1gb, on this I have connected 3 desktop and 2 Laptops but one is blocking my internet connection when it is power off or suspended. If I disconnect the network wire or turned Desktop on Internet works...
  7. Internet is blocked

Internet is blocked: Hi yesterday I was playing the sims 4 and when I went out and tryed to go to opera I got a message along the lines of windows defender is blocking the internet on my computer and I can't turn it off because I have symantec endpoint so please help!...
  8. blocked from internet

blocked from internet: Hi My computer updated last night and now microsoft edge has blocked me. HELP as we are a business. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-from-internet/80498c31-05aa-4ad5-81e7-1b0ac1ec543c
  9. Completely Block Software From Internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Completely Block Software From Internet: Hi all, I am trying to block software from connecting to the internet. I have a backup image of my PC with it all working offline, but as soon as I connect it to the internet, the software connects. It does this without opening/running the software, I think it has a...
  10. what is windows insider service?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is windows insider service?: what is windows isider service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-windows-insider-service/936d58c6-50d8-4610-ba28-89a0c548781c