Windows 10: Can I boot an 8th Gen i7 using the boot SSD I pulled from an 5th gen ?

Discus and support Can I boot an 8th Gen i7 using the boot SSD I pulled from an 5th gen ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can I boot an 8th Gen i7 using the boot SSD I pulled from my now-dead 5th gen i7 PC ? Or will I need to re-install Windows ? The motherboards are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeff Relf Seatt, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Can I boot an 8th Gen i7 using the boot SSD I pulled from an 5th gen ?

Can I boot an 8th Gen i7 using the boot SSD
    I pulled from my now-dead 5th gen i7 PC ?

Or will I need to re-install Windows ?
    The motherboards are different.

I'm confined to a tablet, for now.

:)

Jeff Relf Seatt, Aug 6, 2019

2. I'm Having Few Issues With My Intel Core i7 8th Gen Drivers.

What type drivers you need for i7 8th gen processors,

try to update intel chipset driver

intel management engine firmware and components

update bios or restore default settings

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Enter to Win Intel 8th Gen Intel i7-8086k Limited Edition processor

UPDATE - List of winners: https://s3.amazonaws.com/filer.smb.v...el_Winners.pdf

Source:

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Can I boot an 8th Gen i7 using the boot SSD I pulled from an 5th gen ?

8th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors Available Starting Oct. 5th 2017

Read more: 8th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors Available Starting Today

See also: Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Can I boot an 8th Gen i7 using the boot SSD I pulled from an 5th gen ?

1. Can I boot an 8th Gen i7 using the boot SSD I pulled from an 5th gen ? - Similar Threads - boot 8th Gen

2. Dell Laptop Core i7 8th Gen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Laptop Core i7 8th Gen: My new Dell Laptop Cor 17 8th Gen is slower than the old model. More glitches and hiccups. Is there anything that will help this? I look at the forums and see instructions that are way over my head. I only know the basics with a computer, but I know enough that I either got a...
  3. Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot: Hi All, My Surface Pro is stuck at the Surface logo when booting. This happened after the latest Windows update and appears to be a driver issue. After about 15 - 20 seconds it reboots back to the logo and repeats until the battery dies. I've tried recovery with the...
  4. Windows version 1903 clean install, slow performance on SSD, i7 8th gen intel, with 32 GB...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows version 1903 clean install, slow performance on SSD, i7 8th gen intel, with 32 GB...: I did a clean reset of windows and now have 1903 (built 18362.239) on Hp EliteBook 840 G5 with 1Tb SSD and 32 GB Ram. The performance is very bad of this update/install and I can not go back on older version of windows. Looking for a workable solution. Simple task of...
  5. Enter to Win Intel 8th Gen Intel i7-8086k Limited Edition processor

in Windows 10 News
    Enter to Win Intel 8th Gen Intel i7-8086k Limited Edition processor: In celebration of the x86 architecture and the first Intel 8086 microprocessor, Intel is giving away 8,086 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8086K processors. For 24 hours starting at 5 p.m. PDT June 7, fans can visit Enter for a chance to win an 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8086k Limited...
  6. Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC: I installed Windows 10 Pro on an Intel NUC5i3RYH. In the UEFI settings I enabled Secure Boot, enabled UEFI boot and disabled Legacy Boot, yet in Windows 10 System Information it still says Secure Boot State: Off. Is there something else I need to do to get Secure Boot...
  7. 8th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors Available Starting Oct. 5th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    8th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processors Available Starting Oct. 5th 2017: Announced on Sept. 24, 8th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors are available to purchase starting today. Offering a range of performance options for consumers, including unlocked “K” processors at each Intel Core brand, the 8th Gen Intel Core desktop processors are built for...
  8. Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th

in Windows 10 News
    Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th: JrOb84MetfQ Newest Processors Deliver Premium Performance, with a Boost in Frame Rate of up to 25% Gen over Gen NEWS HIGHLIGHTS New 8th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors and Intel® Z370 chipset are perfect for gamers, content creators and overclockers with a range...
  9. New 8th Gen Intel Core i9, i7 and i5 Processors Come to Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    New 8th Gen Intel Core i9, i7 and i5 Processors Come to Mobile: Today at a global event in Beijing, Intel unveiled the first ever Intel® Core™ i9 processor for laptops. Part of the new lineup of high-performance mobile products unveiled, the powerful 8th Gen Intel Core i9 processor is the highest-performance laptop processor Intel has...
  10. New i7 8th Gen Intel Core Processor Family to Debut Aug. 21

in Windows 10 News
    New i7 8th Gen Intel Core Processor Family to Debut Aug. 21: [img] On Aug. 21, Intel will unveil the 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family (aka: Coffee Lake) on Facebook Live. Watch as two exciting moments align: the Great American Solar Eclipse and the unveiling of Intel’s most powerful family of processors for the next era...