Windows 10: Can I boot x-99 Deluxe from NVME

Discus and support Can I boot x-99 Deluxe from NVME in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, First ever post so here goes nothing. I've finally discovered NVMe SSD possibilities (yes, I'm an old fart & not very PC literate) & I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by netalyst, Sep 28, 2020.

1. netalyst Win User

Can I boot x-99 Deluxe from NVME

Hello all,
    First ever post so here goes nothing.

I've finally discovered NVMe SSD possibilities (yes, I'm an old fart & not very PC literate) & I'm hoping my 2014 Asus X-99 Deluxe (LGA 2011-3) is capable of supporting an NVMe M.2 SSD & booting from it. This is all in the hope of avoiding a major (read ...expensive) upgrade. The speed increase + additional storage capacity is very attractive & should see me OK for a few years.
    I mainly use the PC for Wildlife photography (shooting RAW) so using PS 2020, Bridge & Fast Raw Viewer.

I have the (supplied with X-99 MB) Hyper M.2 X 4 expansion card, which appears to have an NVMe port on it (slot/cut out is on R.H.S. as you look at the port on the card - is this what they call M key'ed? So I'm hoping I can buy an NVMe card & boot from it into Win 10. I've got some old gear on the PC so the BIOS is hybrid UEFI e.g. I don't think it can support Fastboot etc.

I'd better stop rambling here & hope some of you talented youngsters can guide me home *Redface)

Best,

:)

netalyst, Sep 28, 2020

2. Use bootloader from a SATA disk to boot Windows installation on a NVME disk

I've managed to get the system booting from the NVME some other way:

1. Converted the NVME to GPT using MBR2GPT.EXE
    2. Hacked NVME support into the bios

a1__Bart__1, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 28, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting 2 x Windows 10 OS Drives (Existing Installs)

It is uneccessary to do all of the above.
    1. Boot up Windows 10
    2. Open Disk Management and take a note of the drive letter of the other Windows 10
    3. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: bcdboot X:\Windows where X is the drive letter noted in step 2
    4. Reboot, you should have a dual boot menu.

topgundcp, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I boot x-99 Deluxe from NVME - Similar Threads - boot Deluxe NVME

2. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  3. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting from an external nvme ssd: So i have a nvme m2 usb drive that i have Ubuntu on, and have successfully booted into on windows on my main computer.However i need to do it on my laptop and this seems to be a problem. I don't know why but i just cant seem to. I disabled secure boot, i tried it through usbc...
  4. Booting from an external nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. boot from USB to boot from NVMe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot from USB to boot from NVMe?: tl;dr: My 3rd gen Thinkpad X1 Carbon has a NVMe M.2 slot for a SSD and can read and write from it, but due to an exclusivity agreement with Samsung (who failed to honor it anyways) the BIOS refuses to boot from NVMe drives (on older firmware versions you could glitch the...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe: Quando ele pediu para inserir o disco 2 ele continuo mas depois de 30 minutos ele disse para inserir o disco 2 de novo! Mensagen de Erro Do Setup do Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe: Please insert the disk labeled: FSX Disk 2 Se Dizerem Porcaria que nem ajuda eu vou...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition: Dear support, During activation of my FSX Deluxe Edition I got notified that I have reached the maximum amount of installs on my serial number. I was running FSX on a second computer as well. Therefore I have un-installed FSX on that computer and now want to install it on...
  8. Microsoft flight simulator x deluxe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft flight simulator x deluxe: I have flight simulator on my pc but it plays for 30 minutes and asks for activation but it does not bring up a screen to enter activation into. I have tried re-installing but it gives me error code 1628 and will not reinstall. I have tried every fix on the net but still no...
  9. I installed Flight Simulator X Delux on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed Flight Simulator X Delux on windows 10: I installed Flight Simulator X on a Windows 10 system and it won't run. There"s no icon to click on. The program shows on the list as an installed program but I tried to uninstall it and it won't respond to that either. Any ideas would be appreciated....
  10. MS FS 10 X delux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS FS 10 X delux: Hi, I have been using FS X for some time on Windows 10. I had windows 10- 32 bit and have now upgraded to windows 64 bit I installed FS but when I opened it freezes. I thought it was because I kept my saved files and rewards and hoped it would accept them again. I...