Windows 10: Can I build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed virtual machine

Discus and support Can I build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed virtual machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I would like to know if I can if it's legal build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed from Microsoft official .iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlbertoRodríguez3, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Can I build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed virtual machine

Hello

I would like to know if I can if it's legal build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed from Microsoft official .iso virtual machine. Let's say that the software to be distributed in the MSI is open source and no benefits are received for those downloads.

Thank you all.

Best regards,

Alberto

:)

AlbertoRodríguez3, Jul 24, 2020

2. Can I build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed virtual machine

Hello

I would like to know if I can (if it's legal) build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed (from Microsoft official .iso) virtual machine. Let's say that the software to be distributed in the MSI is open source and no benefits are received
    for those downloads.

Thank you all.

Best regards,

Alberto

AlbertoRodríguez3, Jul 28, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Can I build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed virtual machine

Hi Alberto

With regards to an un-licenced version of Windows you should licence and activate that, it is against the EULA to not activate Windows 10

With regards to building an MSI, whether or not Windows is activated will not affect that process or the resulting MSI

DaveM121, Jul 28, 2020
  4. S_and_S Win User

Can I build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed virtual machine

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I build and distribute MSI software built in a Windows unlicensed virtual machine - Similar Threads - build distribute MSI

2. Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i delete download files in windows software distribution folder: Can i delete download files in windows software distribution its affect os crash or any other software crash please replay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-download-files-in-windows-software/a21c7c3e-60f9-4a8f-b516-941f06c5afe1
  3. software distribution file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software distribution file: i recently got a new lap top windows 11 homei seem to be missing some updatesi have been able to change the catroot to catroot.bak as suggestedbut when i try to change the softwaredistribution file i am not ablein command prompt i get a error in red saying the file or folder...
  4. software distribution file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    software distribution file: i recently got a new lap top windows 11 homei seem to be missing some updatesi have been able to change the catroot to catroot.bak as suggestedbut when i try to change the softwaredistribution file i am not ablein command prompt i get a error in red saying the file or folder...
  5. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  6. Software Distribution folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Distribution folder: I wanted to know whether should I have to worry about contents of file location -> Software Distribution/Download cause I am seeing that after successful installation of Windows 10 updates.. The downloaded update files are soon removed after some time! Is this something new...
  7. Distributing unlicensed windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Distributing unlicensed windows: Hello. The software solution I am developing needs to be distributed together with the operating system as it's meant for computers that do not usually have any sort of peripherals. The idea is that we would distribute a wim file that has windows 10 + our software. The...
  8. Can I delete the software distribution download files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I delete the software distribution download files?: I was wondering if I could delete it or if it would cause me problems as I need to free up some space on my HDD submitted by /u/uglyfrog1223 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnxe5o/can_i_delete_the_software_distribution_download/
  9. Windows software distribution folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows software distribution folder: Hello, Recently I have cleared the space in SSD by clearing almost 10gb from windows software distribution folder. I cleared by pausing all the updates. All my question is will there be any problem?? I typed this is run command: C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution...
  10. Virtual Machines/Virus Software

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Machines/Virus Software: Hi, This is unrelated to Win 10 so thought this area might be best I put the VMWare Player on my PC to use Win 10 and would also like to now try putting XP on it for a bit of nostalgia, no networking with host but would like internet on it Is it safe to run XP under...