Windows 10: Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?

Discus and support Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to know if it is possible and legal to buy a windows 11 license OEM, to sustitute a 8.1 OEM windows license, because its necesary to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnilemPC, Dec 20, 2022.

1. AnilemPC Win User

Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible and legal to buy a windows 11 license OEM, to sustitute a 8.1 OEM windows license, because its necesary to actualize the software but I can´t afford a new equipment.Thanks for the answer!

:)

AnilemPC, Dec 20, 2022

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Dec 20, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Dec 20, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?

Windows OS (Retail/OEM/Paper License) legal usage issues

Hi
    I have an OEM version of Windows Vista Home Premium. It's installed on the system I'm currently using. When I bought it I got the DVD, an OEM sticker with the installation key and some links for me to agree with the system-builders' license before install/activation. That's all the relevant information you'll need.

1. I want to install the OS using the same disc on another computer by purchasing a paper-license from Microsoft. Can I purchase a paper license for an OEM copy or is that possible only with the retail version (not answered on Microsoft's website) ?

2. Is it legal for people like me who are not professional system-builders or equipment manufacturers to use an OEM copy in the first place?

btarunr, Dec 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM? - Similar Threads - buy OEM license

2. Windows OEM License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OEM License: Good day.Hello.I have one SSD-OLD installed on PC-OLD with Windows OEM license activated previously. I'm building a PC-NEW, and will be re-using the SSD-OLD. Hence the question: 1 Can I install SSD-OLD into PC-NEW, boot it up and then activate with a new Windows OEM license?2...
  3. Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?: I search on the internet and found lots of store sell Windows 11 OEM key. Is it legal to buy this type of key for persionsal usage purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-oem-key-to-activate-windows-11/68aacaf2-62b2-471a-8891-c19e9ecf9135
  4. Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?: I search on the internet and found lots of store sell Windows 11 OEM key. Is it legal to buy this type of key for persionsal usage purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-oem-key-to-activate-windows-11/68aacaf2-62b2-471a-8891-c19e9ecf9135
  5. Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I buy a windows 11 OEM license to install in a equipment with windows 8 OEM?: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible and legal to buy a windows 11 license OEM, to sustitute a 8.1 OEM windows license, because its necesary to actualize the software but I can´t afford a new equipment.Thanks for the answer!...
  6. Where can i buy OEM Windows system?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can i buy OEM Windows system?: We are a PC build company. We are looking forward to pre-install Windows system before sale. I am wondering where can i buy the WINDOWS 10 OEM system? And get authorized by Microsoft? Thanks...
  7. OEM windows licensing

OEM windows licensing: who do we talk to in Microsoft for windows licensing for laptop manufacturer OEM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-windows-licensing/b4f035a1-2463-4285-a7dc-9ee516eb352e
  8. OEM windows licensing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM windows licensing: who do we contact for licensing windows as a manufacturer of windows-based comoputers OEM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-windows-licensing/cbc0b200-12da-40ec-a796-8fe3209446f9
  9. Can I buy an OEM licence?

Can I buy an OEM licence?: Some time ago I read online that ANYONE who builds his own pc is qualifiable for OEM licensing. Is that true? I don't want to mess with Microsoft terms of use so I really want to know if I'm allowed to do that....
  10. Windows OEM Licenses

Windows OEM Licenses: I am starting a business as a system integrator and I want to buy OEM windows 10 licenses from Microsoft and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-oem-licenses/4ed0a0a4-ba10-4c25-b96f-eaabd1ef1052"