Windows 10: Can I buy an OEM licence?

Discus and support Can I buy an OEM licence? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Some time ago I read online that ANYONE who builds his own pc is qualifiable for OEM licensing. Is that true? I don't want to mess with Microsoft terms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlessandroTagliafierro, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Can I buy an OEM licence?

Some time ago I read online that ANYONE who builds his own pc is qualifiable for OEM licensing. Is that true? I don't want to mess with Microsoft terms of use so I really want to know if I'm allowed to do that.

:)

AlessandroTagliafierro, Apr 28, 2019

2. How to buy a windows 10 Pro OEM license?

Buy From microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-windows-10?step=OSresultsHome

What is the feature you need that is in Pro and not in Home, that is worth spending an extra $100?

Also remember and OEM licence is not transferable, if you change the motherboard.

minangkabu, Apr 28, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 OEM licence legal and not

Hi Dmitriy,

there are two different things.

One is possibility to install OEM by yourself for your own use. In general this is prohibited by OEM system builder licence. AFAIK only two countries allow to do this.

The second, OEM Windows may be distributed only in two forms: preinstalled on hardware and as OEM pack with DVD disk, sticker with product key, and system builder licence agreement at the back of envelope.

If one buys something else he does not get Windows licence.

It is legal to buy anything else, the keys, the stickers and so on but such purchase does not give a rights to use Windows, it will be illegal.

Igor Leyko, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Thedefh Win User

Can I buy an OEM licence?

Windows 10 OEM licence and activation

Hello,

I have several questions the licence and activation:

Can you legally buy used (and decactivated) windows 10 OEM licences and use them with a PC different from what it was supplied with?

Lets assume I bought such licence and the activation was successful on such a machine - does it mean I can continue and legally use the OS?

I read that there was a 'system builder' clause when using OEM licences that lets you transfer said licences to different machies if you take the OEM responsibility on yourself.

If it's not possible with windows 10 OEM is it possible with any other OEM version of windows such as windows 7 or 8?

Thanks,

Thedefh, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Can I buy an OEM licence?

1. Can I buy an OEM licence? - Similar Threads - buy OEM licence

2. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows OEM licencing: WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD...
  3. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows OEM licencing: WIndows 10 PRO oem upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. What impact has this on a licencing ? Is an E3 lincence needed for this if these devices is in a small LAN enviroment with no enviroment Azure or AD...
  4. WIndows OEM licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I buy an OEM key to activate Windows 11?: I search on the internet and found lots of store sell Windows 11 OEM key. Is it legal to buy this type of key for persionsal usage purpose? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-buy-an-oem-key-to-activate-windows-11/68aacaf2-62b2-471a-8891-c19e9ecf9135
  6. OEM Licences

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM Licences: I have a registered non-oem license for win 10 pro and an OEM win 10 pro on a newer laptop. I cannot access the original details as the hdd gave up. Is there any way to obtain the original registration details from Microsoft? Can a retail licence activate an oem on a new...
  7. oem licence

oem licence: somehow my windows 10 product id has been changed. i dont know how to get my original OEM product id. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-licence/7a0f0577-11cb-4d23-8bf6-9f1fc4da58f2
  8. Where can i buy OEM Windows system?

Where can i buy OEM Windows system?: We are a PC build company. We are looking forward to pre-install Windows system before sale. I am wondering where can i buy the WINDOWS 10 OEM system? And get authorized by Microsoft? Thanks...
  9. OEM Licence

OEM Licence: I have two question about my Windows 10 OS 1st- Since I'm willing to replace my HP damaged motherboard with a same HP model (used but working) motherboard, does my Windows licence expires due to internal serial number or version of the replace motherboard? 2nd- Suppose I...
  10. Buying a Windows licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Buying a Windows licence: I'm buying a Windows license and I have a choice between getting a physical license and a digital license. I'm wondering if there's any significant difference between the 2? Could I upgrade my PC at a later date with both of them? How many devices does one license...