Windows 10: Can I buy windows 10 from microsoft and activate it on a different PC?

Discus and support Can I buy windows 10 from microsoft and activate it on a different PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So my grandad has win7 and as its coming to the end of its life (rip) he has asked me to update him to win10. I want to be able to install it for him... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ainsley, Aug 30, 2019.

1. ainsley Win User

Can I buy windows 10 from microsoft and activate it on a different PC?

So my grandad has win7 and as its coming to the end of its life (rip) he has asked me to update him to win10. I want to be able to install it for him as quickly as possible when we get up there so we have time to do some other stuff. If i buy windows 10 home from the microsoft store on my own PC at home, can I install it on his PC? or does it make me install it on mine? Will it just give me an activation code or what?

Sorry for my ignorance but I've only ever used boxed windows before
    Any help is very much appreciated
    Thanks <3

:)

ainsley, Aug 30, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 30, 2019
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Can I buy windows 10 from microsoft and activate it on a different PC? [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Aug 30, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I buy windows 10 from microsoft and activate it on a different PC? - Similar Threads - buy microsoft activate

2. can i activate windows on my new PC without buying a new activation code?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can i activate windows on my new PC without buying a new activation code?: I currently have windows 10 activated on my laptop. I am about to buy a new PC but don't want to buy a new activation code. Is there anyway for me to activate windows on my new PC without buying a new code....
  3. can i activate windows on my new PC without buying a new activation code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i activate windows on my new PC without buying a new activation code?: I currently have windows 10 activated on my laptop. I am about to buy a new PC but don't want to buy a new activation code. Is there anyway for me to activate windows on my new PC without buying a new code....
  4. can i activate windows on my new PC without buying a new activation code?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I buy widows 10 and use the product key to activate windows on a different desktop PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I buy widows 10 and use the product key to activate windows on a different desktop PC...: I have a new pc, windows is downloaded onto my PC but it isn't activated.I bought the PC through a custom build company. I am in an apartment and cant get and ethernet cord to activate windows 10. I bought a wireless wifi usb adapter,no compromise to this, there is no...
  6. can I buy widows 10 and use the product key to activate windows on a different desktop PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I buy widows 10 and use the product key to activate windows on a different desktop PC...: I have a new pc, windows is downloaded onto my PC but it isn't activated.I bought the PC through a custom build company. I am in an apartment and cant get and ethernet cord to activate windows 10. I bought a wireless wifi usb adapter,no compromise to this, there is no...
  7. can I buy widows 10 and use the product key to activate windows on a different desktop PC...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I purchase Windows 10 for a different PC?: I am currently on a PC that is running Windows 10. I have a second PC that is running Windows 7, and I want to upgrade that PC to Win10. However due to to the outdated security on the Win7 PC, I would rather make my purchase using the Win10 PC. If I purchase Windows 10 Home...
  9. Where can I buy a Windows 10 OEM key from microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I buy a Windows 10 OEM key from microsoft?: Hey, I built my pc just now and I want to have a windows 10 original but can't afford to buy the retail version. If somebody can help me buy genuine OEM version that will really be helpful. thank you...
  10. Can I buy Microsoft games on non-activated Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I buy Microsoft games on non-activated Windows?: Hey, I would like to buy a game from the windows store, but my windows is not activated. Can I play that game without any limitations(time, multiplayer, or anything else)? Thank you!...