Windows 10: Can I cancel the upgrade to 10

Discus and support Can I cancel the upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I took the opportunity to pre book the Windows 10 upgrade on both my Desk top and laptop,the upgrade to the Desktop went flawlessly but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by grouser, Aug 17, 2015.

1. grouser Win User

Can I cancel the upgrade to 10

Hello.
    I took the opportunity to pre book the Windows 10 upgrade on both my Desk top and laptop,the upgrade to the Desktop went flawlessly but I intended to see how things went before doing so to the laptop and I'm glad I did as a few little bugs appeared when doing routine things on a site I use to update my sat nav causing me to be unable to carry out the things I could do in W7,these bugs didn't occur when I used the laptop to double check if it was me doing something wrong,so my question is would it be possible to clear the update from the laptop system if though downloaded it's not installed..any help would be grateful

:)

grouser, Aug 17, 2015

2. Can I cancel the update to windows 10 once the required files for update have been downloaded?

Hi Akhil,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Once the installation for Windows 10 has completed, if you want to go back to previous version of Windows then you can roll back to the previous version.

I suggest you to refer to the below article and the section “Can I uninstall Windows 10 if I do not like it or something goes wrong?”
    from the below link and check if it helps.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Can I cancel the update to windows 10 once the required files for update have been downloaded?

Just click the I change my mind button when setup begins.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Can I cancel the upgrade to 10

I've been able to stop the process by hiding the appropriate updates, and using 'disk cleanup' > 'Clean up Systems Files' to rid myself the temptation to try another failed update.

Can I cancel the upgrade to 10 [​IMG]

Woobieizer, Aug 17, 2015
  5. grouser Win User
    I tried your suggestion and going by the amount cleaned in System Files (Windows update)it appears that the update is deleted, yet when I run a full AV check it is still finding a load of files it cannot open which when I researched them it led to files for Windows 10 upgrade so I'm a little confused to the actual outcome,I will mark this as solved and Thank You for your input..Regards Tony

grouser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I cancel the upgrade to 10

1. Can I cancel the upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - cancel upgrade

2. Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?: Hi,I had a full retail licence of Windows 7 Ultimate, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro N a long while ago now.I have associated the digital licence with my Microsoft account and am attempting to reactivate the Windows installation after a hardware upgrade.It is my...
  3. Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?: Hi,I had a full retail licence of Windows 7 Ultimate, which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro N a long while ago now.I have associated the digital licence with my Microsoft account and am attempting to reactivate the Windows installation after a hardware upgrade.It is my...
  4. Existing Windows 10 upgrades are retroactively being cancelled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My wife clicked to upgrade to Windows 11 but I don't actually want to. How do I cancel the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife clicked to upgrade to Windows 11 but I don't actually want to. How do I cancel the...: Windows Update currently says: Windows 11 22H2Status: Pending restartSo the update to Windows 11 is downloaded but not installed yet. I don't want to switch to 11 but I can't seem to find a place to cancel the update and stop it from installing.On an Acer 515-43 LaptopWindows...
  6. My wife clicked to upgrade to Windows 11 but I don't actually want to. How do I cancel the...

My wife clicked to upgrade to Windows 11 but I don't actually want to. How do I cancel the...: Windows Update currently says: Windows 11 22H2Status: Pending restartSo the update to Windows 11 is downloaded but not installed yet. I don't want to switch to 11 but I can't seem to find a place to cancel the update and stop it from installing.On an Acer 515-43 LaptopWindows...
  7. My wife clicked to upgrade to Windows 11 but I don't actually want to. How do I cancel the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?: Order Number: 9178699495Date purchased: July 8, 2023Upgrade to Windows 10/11 Pro1CAD 130.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-windows-10-pro-upgrade-purchase/b7b95bc2-b2b8-4bf0-a1dd-30f83dff15e4
  9. How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?

How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?: Order Number: 9178699495Date purchased: July 8, 2023Upgrade to Windows 10/11 Pro1CAD 130.00 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-windows-10-pro-upgrade-purchase/b7b95bc2-b2b8-4bf0-a1dd-30f83dff15e4
  10. How to Cancel Windows 10 Pro Upgrade purchase?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store