Windows 10: Can I change a setting in Windows 10 to make a PC start up automatically when power becomes...

Discus and support Can I change a setting in Windows 10 to make a PC start up automatically when power becomes... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have found that when my PC is manually turned off at the plug socket without shutting down via Windows and then turned back on, it won't start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BWP_239, Jan 3, 2020.

1. BWP_239 Win User

Can I change a setting in Windows 10 to make a PC start up automatically when power becomes...

I have found that when my PC is manually turned off at the plug socket without shutting down via Windows and then turned back on, it won't start up again automatically. I need to press the power button on the PC to start it up again. Is there a change that I can make to the PC itself or in Windows 10 to make it start automatically as soon as power becomes present?

:)

BWP_239, Jan 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Can I change a setting in Windows 10 to make a PC start up automatically when power becomes...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Can I change a setting in Windows 10 to make a PC start up automatically when power becomes...

1. Can I change a setting in Windows 10 to make a PC start up automatically when power becomes... - Similar Threads - change setting start

2. Can a repeater ,lock up or become disabled automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a repeater ,lock up or become disabled automatically: When I bought both repeaters, they both worked great, but I reset both of them several times, and that's when they like "locked up"do they lock or become disabled, after resetting them a number of times, because that's when they both become unable to reset again, they like...
  3. Can a repeater ,lock up or become disabled automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a repeater ,lock up or become disabled automatically: When I bought both repeaters, they both worked great, but I reset both of them several times, and that's when they like "locked up"do they lock or become disabled, after resetting them a number of times, because that's when they both become unable to reset again, they like...
  4. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  5. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC: When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-switched-the-power-switch-my-pc-automatic/5aef23f4-2113-4d62-99e1-e6bb50187611
  6. When I switched the power switch my PC automatic start without press the power button of PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Power settings automatically changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power settings automatically changing: I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and...
  8. Automatic Power Up on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Power Up on Windows 10: Every night, I shut down and power off my machine, which is running Windows 10 64-bit. Almost every morning approx. 99/100, when I get up and go to my office, my machine is up and running. This is from a shut down and powered off state. I have observed this happening,...
  9. Can you change when the low power alarm starts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can you change when the low power alarm starts?: Ok, so I was wondering if you could change the starting of the low power alarm. Because Windows likes to lock and shutdown when the alarm starts not giving me enough time to plug the charger in the computer. If its a thing then please tell me how to do it....
  10. i can not make change to administrative settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i can not make change to administrative settings: i can not able to make change to my pc settings cant able to install apps even i am the administrator and i can not able to launch command promot (admin) can you help me to solve it....