Windows 10: Can I change Bluetooth connected device's name?

Discus and support Can I change Bluetooth connected device's name? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a wireless adapter in my office to project my screen using Bluetooth to another device. But all the adapters used in my office have the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AchimLoyal, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Can I change Bluetooth connected device's name?

I use a wireless adapter in my office to project my screen using Bluetooth to another device. But all the adapters used in my office have the same names and when I select a device to connect to I don’t know which is mine. So, please can I change the device name to keep my data safe?

:)

AchimLoyal, Sep 28, 2018

2. Bluetooth connected device's name

Hi Mallory,

To change the Bluetooth adapter name, follow these steps:

1. Right-click on Start menu button, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Bluetooth section.
    3. Right-click on the Bluetooth driver, and select Properties.
    4. Click Advanced tab.
    5. Type your desired name, and click OK.

If you have other concerns, let me know by posting back. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Adrianne Buc, Sep 28, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Change the name of paired Bluetooth devices

Hello Ref,

You can change the name of your paired Bluetooth devices on Device Manager. To assist you with your concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type in Control Panel on the Cortana Search
      field.
    • Click on Hardware & Sound.
    • Select Devices & Printers.
    • On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties.
    • Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Can I change Bluetooth connected device's name?

6300: change name for Bluetooth

Hi wilsonb,

You need to do the following:

• Menu
    • Settings
    • Connectivity
    • Bluetooth
    • My phone's name

From there you can change the name of the device.

I hope this helps.

adamf---01, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Can I change Bluetooth connected device's name?

1. Can I change Bluetooth connected device's name? - Similar Threads - change Bluetooth connected

2. How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?: I have followed these steps to change my Bluetooth device names:Use the search feature and search for Control panel.Select View by: Category, then click Hardware and sound.Click Devices and Printers.Right-click the device you want to rename, then click Properties.Rename the...
  3. Cannot change Bluetooth device name in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change Bluetooth device name in Windows 11: Hello,I'm trying to change the name of a Bluetooth device name on my Windows 11 laptop Surface Laptop Go 2 and for some reason, I can't.I've tried internet steps that include control panel, but when I click "devices and printers" it opens settings, even though on the...
  4. Cannot change Bluetooth device name in Windows 11

Cannot change Bluetooth device name in Windows 11: Hello,I'm trying to change the name of a Bluetooth device name on my Windows 11 laptop Surface Laptop Go 2 and for some reason, I can't.I've tried internet steps that include control panel, but when I click "devices and printers" it opens settings, even though on the...
  5. Laptops connect as Bluetooth audio devices. How can I change the device type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops connect as Bluetooth audio devices. How can I change the device type: I have two Lenovo laptops IDEAPAD-3 & IDEAPAD-510 that I am trying to pair. Every time I try it they both show up as AUDIO devices on each device. How can I get them to show as PC's. I've tried deleting and re-pairing them and also tried paring them as different types of...
  6. Laptops connect as Bluetooth audio devices. How can I change the device type

Laptops connect as Bluetooth audio devices. How can I change the device type: I have two Lenovo laptops IDEAPAD-3 & IDEAPAD-510 that I am trying to pair. Every time I try it they both show up as AUDIO devices on each device. How can I get them to show as PC's. I've tried deleting and re-pairing them and also tried paring them as different types of...
  7. Bluetooth device connected but no sound until I change playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth device connected but no sound until I change playback device: so i have a weird issue with my asus laptop thats bugging me a lot. when i connect my airpods to the laptop it works fine until the connection randomly gets interrupted (im sitting right next to the laptop so its not a range issue) and the voice output stops. the earphones...
  8. Bluetooth device names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth device names: Howdy, can anyone tell me how to change Bluetooth device names on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-names/a3ecd272-12e2-45b5-8387-e26cb91dba6a
  9. My Bluetooth device can not connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Bluetooth device can not connect: I just bought a JBL Flip 3 speaker with Bluetooth, but I can not connect it, if someone knows how to connect it please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-device-can-not-connect/c9cb231c-b26c-4342-af26-6aa9af2d7a17
  10. Bluetooth connected device's name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connected device's name: In my business, I have been supplied a wireless adapter to project to another screen as my computer does not have a projector port. However, all of the adapters in the building have the same name, so when I choose one to connect to, I can't know which one is the one in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i change the name of a bluetooth device

2. how to change bluetoosh cknnected.devices.name

3. rename windows 10 bluetooth