Windows 10: Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

Discus and support Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Windows users and experts, I am using Windows 10 1909 pro version. In the dark mode of Windows I see the color is too dark (pitch black). But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SBaidya, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SBaidya Win User

Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

Dear Windows users and experts,

I am using Windows 10 1909 pro version. In the dark mode of Windows I see the color is too dark (pitch black). But if I see in Ubuntu or Mac Ox dark mode color those are more mild dark color. Can anyone suggest me if it is possible to change the dark color to like those mild varsion of the dark like in Ubuntu or Mac os.

Thanks in advance,

Santu B

:)

SBaidya, Nov 14, 2019

2. Change Dark Mode Background Color for Windows 10 App Mode

Hi

We know Windows 10's Dark Mode, has black background color.

Is this possible to change this black color to another color? (Like below picture)

Thanks.

Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu? ae2df80b-9dcf-456f-8831-cc70084cccdd.png

MohammadKheradmand, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Start menu color becomes dark and font color wont change in Windows 10

I just got my Upgrade yesterday and im quite happy with the performance.

As soon as I opened "start" i saw colors of tiles becoming dark step by step.. eventually becoming to blackish blue.. only the icon remains not changed.

It does go back to original colors if I open "start" after 1 min but they again turns into dark.

Other thing i noticed was the color of font. Its gray and remains gray no matter what color i choose for Start theme.

This is not only limited to tiles, if I open "all applications", on first open the color is okay but becomes dark again.

and with the gray color of font, it makes everything unreadable.

For example, if i choose color "#800000" for start, the tiles become color "#190000"..

So, I dont know if anyone else is also facing this issue or not but its quite annoying that you cant read and and ugly that color becomes dark like that..

AhmedAbdulRehman, Nov 14, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu?

Dark mode

Hi EpicDoge

It depends on the version of Windows 10 you have installed, this option changed in version 1903, please check if this works for you:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to light or Dark

Then the option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

DaveM121, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I change dark mode too black color in Windows 10 to a mild dark color like in Ubuntu? - Similar Threads - change dark mode

2. Half of my monitor freezes on a dark color like black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my monitor freezes on a dark color like black.: I updated my display drivers, graphics cardI don't know what to do I haven't found anything about it on the internet.-It freezes on dark colors.-It's only the bottom half of the screen.My system:-windows 11-Nvidia geforce gtx 1650 tiThe website didn't let me insert a picture....
  3. Half of my monitor freezes on a dark color like black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Half of my monitor freezes on a dark color like black.: I updated my display drivers, graphics cardI don't know what to do I haven't found anything about it on the internet.-It freezes on dark colors.-It's only the bottom half of the screen.My system:-windows 11-Nvidia geforce gtx 1650 tiThe website didn't let me insert a picture....
  4. accent color on illustrator in dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    accent color on illustrator in dark mode: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6lackWRLD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv1ypz/accent_color_on_illustrator_in_dark_mode/
  5. Is it possible to change active window color in dark mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change active window color in dark mode?: When I have a window active on my second monitor, a thin white line appears on the other monitor, and it's driving me nuts. When I changed to light-mode, the line disappears, but when I enable dark-mode (specifically default app color mode) the line shows up again. submitted...
  6. Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark: How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects like borders, active and inactive etc. Is this panel still available in the Windows 10 control panel? 152145
  7. Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 selection highlight color is too dark: How can one change the selection highlight color. I am looking for the old (Win 7) color control panel where the colors were set for various objects like borders, active and inactive etc. Is this panel still available in the Windows 10 control panel? 152145
  8. Colors on a Dark Background

Colors on a Dark Background: This thread is for discussion of and experimentation with colors on dark backgrounds. What works for you in a light background doesn't work for me on a dark background. For years, those with eye problems have begged Microsoft to give us a choice between a dark and light...
  9. Change colors in dark mode

Change colors in dark mode: A friend told me that he can change the shading by choosing an option in the dark mode, but he didn't want to tell me what the option is, I'm not very technical, so I prefer to ask in this community. Thank you very much for who can help me....
  10. How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel: I have been avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 for years. I have become very comfortable with my ability to customize Windows 7 just how i need. Recently my main machine took a turn for the worst. I purchased a new one with windows 10 installed and thought i should finally...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mild dark