Windows 10: Can I change my backup option from one drive to an external hard disk

Discus and support Can I change my backup option from one drive to an external hard disk in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I currently have one drive as the location for my backup. Can I change instead to an external drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristopherLloyd2, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Can I change my backup option from one drive to an external hard disk

I currently have one drive as the location for my backup. Can I change instead to an external drive?

:)

ChristopherLloyd2, Apr 27, 2021

2. external hard drive

Hi Chrpee,

If you can't find external hard drive on Disk management than the next step is using the diskpart via command line, please follow the steps below:-

On the keyboard hit ((Windows logo key + R key)) than type ((CMD))

Now the windows command line will appear, the next steps is to type ((diskpart))

After that type ((list disk)) to show you the list of hard disks with partitions

If you found your external hard drive one of the list than you need to type ((select disk number)), note: the number is a disk number

Once you selected the hard disk or partitions than type ((clean))

than type ((create partition primary))

than type ((select partition 1))

than type ((active))

than type ((format fs=ntfs quick))

than type ((assign))

last type ((exit))

Check if the external hard drive appeared, if not please see the link below for more info and let me know if you need any assist

https://uk.pcmag.com/dvd-burners/120624/what-to...

Abdirahman Issa, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Apr 27, 2021
  4. sumasage Win User

Can I change my backup option from one drive to an external hard disk

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Can I change my backup option from one drive to an external hard disk

1. Can I change my backup option from one drive to an external hard disk - Similar Threads - change backup option

2. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  3. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Options For Backup Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Options For Backup Hard Drive?: Hello Purchased last year when i could afford it a Western Digital 4TB Black Hard drive, at the time idea was to use it internally, but lately having second thoughts, as since then purchased M.2 SSD, and also Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD that i made into Game Drive, resulting in...
  6. Options For Backup Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Options For Backup Hard Drive?: Hello Purchased last year when i could afford it a Western Digital 4TB Black Hard drive, at the time idea was to use it internally, but lately having second thoughts, as since then purchased M.2 SSD, and also Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD that i made into Game Drive, resulting in...
  7. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...
  8. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...
  9. Backup from one external hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup from one external hard drive to another: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with the latest version of Windows 10. I have been backing up my photos from one external hard drive to another (both 2TB) using Windows 7 backup and restore for a few years. After copying all my images to a 5TB drive, and having another blank...
  10. changing external hard drive to a larger one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing external hard drive to a larger one: Hi I recently bought a three terabit external hard drive in order to increase my storage size for photos videos etc. How do I go about getting all the photos and videos from my existing external hard drive over to the new one and also retain their file paths so my programs...