Windows 10: Can I change my default monitor?

Discus and support Can I change my default monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So here's my situation. I have 2 monitors set up. Right now, Windows identifies my right-hand monitor as "1", and my left as "2". I want "2" to be my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Popotuni, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Can I change my default monitor?

So here's my situation. I have 2 monitors set up. Right now, Windows identifies my right-hand monitor as "1", and my left as "2". I want "2" to be my primary monitor, so my games/apps open there. I don't want to just swap them in the display settings as that would cause the mouse to work backwards to swap screens, and I can't re-wire the monitors to use the different graphics outs, as they have different wiring/adapter setups.

Is there a way to just redefine which monitor is primary?

submitted by /u/Popotuni
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Popotuni, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Can I change my default monitor?

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Can I change my default monitor?

1. Can I change my default monitor? - Similar Threads - change default monitor

2. I can;t change my monitor DEFAULT settings to speakers DEFAULT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can;t change my monitor DEFAULT settings to speakers DEFAULT.: I can't change my sound settings from MONITOR which is on DEFAULT, to SPEAKERS, and it keeps showing me that my SPEAKERS and ear-phones are unplugged....
  3. I can;t change my monitor DEFAULT settings to speakers DEFAULT.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can;t change my monitor DEFAULT settings to speakers DEFAULT.: I can't change my sound settings from MONITOR which is on DEFAULT, to SPEAKERS, and it keeps showing me that my SPEAKERS and ear-phones are unplugged....
  4. I can;t change my monitor DEFAULT settings to speakers DEFAULT.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I change the graphicadapter for my monitor on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the graphicadapter for my monitor on laptop: Hi, yesterday I got a new monitor its the BenQ EX2710Q with 165hz and 2K. I have a Geforce RTX 3060 and an i5 11400H 2,7Ghz.The maximum refreshrate I can set is 120hz. My internal dislpay and my Monitor are using the dGPU Intel UHD Graphics.I want to change the...
  6. How can I change the graphicadapter for my monitor on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the graphicadapter for my monitor on laptop: Hi, yesterday I got a new monitor its the BenQ EX2710Q with 165hz and 2K. I have a Geforce RTX 3060 and an i5 11400H 2,7Ghz.The maximum refreshrate I can set is 120hz. My internal dislpay and my Monitor are using the dGPU Intel UHD Graphics.I want to change the...
  7. Change Monitor number and make it default

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor number and make it default: I recently added a second monitor. Now when I access certain programs it appears on the new monitor EVEN THOUGH THAT MONITOR IS TURNED OFF!. How do I let me know to use the active monitor? FTI I also have Displayfusion installed - - - Updated - - - I recently added a...
  8. Can I change the default view?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change the default view?: I finally decided to change from a Windows 7 style start menu about a year ago and learn the 'new' style start menu. I realized it wasn't a big leap and actually have come to like it. I just installed windows 10 ver 2004 build 19041.508. Now my start menu looks like a...
  9. HOw can I change my default browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOw can I change my default browser: Microsoft Edge is not compatible with Norton and I have tried to change my default browser. However, the only app listed is the Microsoft Edge. How can I change the browser or is there a better Security that is compatible with Edge?...
  10. Change default setup for dual monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change default setup for dual monitor: The firm I'm working for is extensively using flexible workplaces. Most desks are nicely equipped with an additional monitor for use with my own laptop. This is very convenient when the additional monitor is setup to "Extend these displays". However, every time I connect...