Windows 10: Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view

Discus and support Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change my desktop view to windows classic view in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelMahoney4, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view

How do I change my desktop view to windows classic view in windows 10

:)

MichaelMahoney4, Sep 10, 2019
  2. jack s. Win User

Windows 10 Classic View not found

For Windows 10, Microsoft lists the following way to use the Classic View (as in Windows 7):

To change the Start menu to Classic view

The classic view of Start menu is based on previous version of Windows.

• Open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties by clicking the Start button

Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view [​IMG]
      , clicking
      Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
      Taskbar and Start Menu.

• Click the Start Menu tab, click Classic Start menu, and then click
      OK.

That sounds OK, except that in the latest version of Windows 10 "Appearance and Personalization" is not found in the Control Panel--only "Personalization," without an option for Classic Start menu, is given. So what has Microsoft failed to say or update?

I realize that third party apps (to give a Windows 7 experience) are available, but I would like to know what Microsoft itself offers in terms of the Classic View.

Similarly, in Windows 10 is there a way to add folders to the C-drive in the classic way, as opposed to creating a folder in Desktop under This PC and then adding folders there? (I do not want to go to Desktop, then a Desktop folder, every time that I want
    to view or create a folder--those are tiresome extra steps compared to the Classic way of creating a folder on the C-drive.)

jack s., Sep 10, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view

Windows Mobile Device Center on Desk Top

Since you already tried the compatibility settings and other troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you uninstall the newest update to isolate the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in Programs and Features and select the top most result.
    • On the left menu, select View installed updates.
    • Right click on the newest update and click Uninstall.

Monitor the Windows Mobile Device Center and see if there are any changes. If possible, try to reinstall the update and see if the Windows Mobile Device Center will still work.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view

1. Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view - Similar Threads - Change desk top

2. How To Change Windows 11 to Classic View?

in Windows 10 News
    How To Change Windows 11 to Classic View?: Microsoft has brought about many changes with the launch of Windows 11. However, the one thing many users are unhappy with is the taskbar. Many want it changed to a classic view; however, they don't know how. This article will help you change your Windows 11 taskbar to a...
  3. Can I change the default view?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change the default view?: I finally decided to change from a Windows 7 style start menu about a year ago and learn the 'new' style start menu. I realized it wasn't a big leap and actually have come to like it. I just installed windows 10 ver 2004 build 19041.508. Now my start menu looks like a...
  4. Windows 10 Classic View

Windows 10 Classic View: How do I enable the classic view or classic shell in windows 10? I seem to remember reading ahead of time that there would be a way to make windows 10 look and function much more like windows 7 which is why I was looking forward to this upgrade. However I cannot find the...
  5. my viewing desk top is closeing in the sides are black

my viewing desk top is closeing in the sides are black: my desk top sides are closed in cant see whole screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-viewing-desk-top-is-closeing-in-the-sides-are/57055bd3-eadf-4f91-a11d-f44b8ad9ea14
  6. Classic View

Classic View: How do i get Classic View on Windows 10? Please can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-view/801f1fa9-0997-46ac-8277-9d068c9f26bd
  7. Windows 10 - classic view

Windows 10 - classic view: I had the classic view set on my Windows 10 laptop - until last night's update. What has Microsoft done this time? Why do you not ask users what they want instead of imposing your will on people? My next laptop will not be a Windows device - that's for certain. And for that...
  8. desk top change

desk top change: how to get back my previous desk top back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-change/6d4c3d56-f83c-4425-ac72-449981fc58b8
  9. classic view for win 10

classic view for win 10: Dear Sir, your advice is highly appreciated. my new laptop using Win10, i need to use the classic view as win7. can you advice if this possible? if it is possiable please advice how to implement . thanks and regards mohamed...
  10. Do I have to use "Classic Shell" to get the "Classic View"?

Do I have to use "Classic Shell" to get the "Classic View"?: First time 10 user here and want to switch to the classic start menu view. I was under the impression that 10 added this option back and one could switch over to it? Or do I have to download a 3rd party app that will allow me to make these changes? Thanks in advance!...