Windows 10: Can I change my motherboard??????

Discus and support Can I change my motherboard?????? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I first bought a motherboard from Asus. It's model:P5G41T-M LX. after a few years, I think it is failed. So I give to someone in my area to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJP.1, Sep 21, 2019.

1. JJP.1 Win User

Can I change my motherboard??????

I first bought a motherboard from Asus.

It's modelCan I change my motherboard?????? :p5G41T-M LX.

after a few years, I think it is failed.

So I give to someone in my area to repair it.

But, he changed my motherboard to new Asus motherboard.

New motherboard modelCan I change my motherboard?????? :p5QPL-AM.

so, can I change this P5QPL-AM motherboard to a new 2019 model?????

If yes, how????

:)

JJP.1, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Can I change my motherboard??????

Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Can I change my motherboard??????

1. Can I change my motherboard?????? - Similar Threads - change motherboard

2. Driver Power State Failure on Windows 11 after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Power State Failure on Windows 11 after Motherboard change: After swapping motherboards without issue, I'm now frequently running into problems with my computer BSOD'ing with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". Specs:Device name SAPPHIRE Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core Processor 4.50 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.2 GB usable System type...
  3. Driver Power State Failure on Windows 11 after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Power State Failure on Windows 11 after Motherboard change: After swapping motherboards without issue, I'm now frequently running into problems with my computer BSOD'ing with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". Specs:Device name SAPPHIRE Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core Processor 4.50 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB 63.2 GB usable System type...
  4. Windows 10 activation after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation after motherboard change.: I had to change the motherboard of my desktop due to recurrent problems in the earlier one. But I am keeping the hard disks as they are. But I am unable to activate Windows 10 Pro, which has been update to version 22H2. The prompt says that I am not connected to internet, but...
  5. I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...: The troubleshooter isnt helping and just says buy a copy from the store but I had windows running fine before changing hardware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-changed-my-cpu-and-motherboard-and-ever/630609e9-be60-46b6-a14e-c3698c97d475
  6. I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...: The troubleshooter isnt helping and just says buy a copy from the store but I had windows running fine before changing hardware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-changed-my-cpu-and-motherboard-and-ever/630609e9-be60-46b6-a14e-c3698c97d475
  7. I recently changed my cpu and motherboard and ever since, I have had a watermark stuck on...

8. How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...: Hi thereI just upgraded to a shiny new motherboard and took the opportunity to also move to a larger and faster NVMe hard drive at the same time.I finally got it up and running last night; but I forgot to deactivate my Windows 11 Pro license key on the old setup...
  9. How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...

How do I reactive my Windows 11 Pro digital license after changing to a new motherboard and...: Hi thereI just upgraded to a shiny new motherboard and took the opportunity to also move to a larger and faster NVMe hard drive at the same time.I finally got it up and running last night; but I forgot to deactivate my Windows 11 Pro license key on the old setup...
  10. Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...

Is it necessary to reinstall Windows 11 after just changing motherboard? What about...: I've a similar question but that has already been asked but in the past but since the introduction of TPM2.0 in Windows 11 and Passkeys. I'd like to ask it again.My motherboard ASUS PRIME B365M-A has died recently and I'm switching to MSI B365M PRO-VHD. Besides motherboard...