Windows 10: Can I change name of user folder,

Discus and support Can I change name of user folder, in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I installed windows I didn't want to create a microsoft account so instead I made one with my phone number, my User flmder is now just a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BLiIxy, Jan 13, 2021.

1. /u/BLiIxy Win User

Can I change name of user folder,

When I installed windows I didn't want to create a microsoft account so instead I made one with my phone number, my User flmder is now just a bunch of numbers, I changed my username, that didn't change the folders name tho, can it be changed?

submitted by /u/BLiIxy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BLiIxy, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Ryan_2013 Win User

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Jan 13, 2021
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 13, 2021
  4. KidmanPE Win User

User Account folder name

Well... that accomplished absolutely nothing! F2 alone brought up my volume bar. Ctrl-F2 = nothing! Fn-F2 = nothing! And, finally, Alt-F2 = nothing! What's supposed to happen when I "click" the User [my (sorta) name] folder and press the F2 key?!

KidmanPE, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I change name of user folder, - Similar Threads - change name user

2. Changing Name of User Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Name of User Folder: My recently acquired Dell desktop pc (W10 Pro, Version 2004) has a Users folder containing three sub folders, Customer, Default and Public. I can change the name of the Default folder but not the others. In particular I would like to change Customer into something more...
  3. Changing User folder name ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing User folder name ??: I recently clean installed Win 10 and i came to found out that the name of the user folder is first 5 letters of my email address. I wanted to know if there is a simple solution to this. I also tried renaming and changing path in regedit using Administrator account but it was...
  4. Name in C:\Users folder is lowercase. Can I change this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Name in C:\Users folder is lowercase. Can I change this?: I just activated Windows 10 Home using my Microsoft account, and I noticed my user folder on the computer is lowercase. So, if my real name is Benny, and my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, Windows automatically creates the folder C:\Users\benny. I...
  5. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  6. Change the users name in folder

Change the users name in folder: I want remove the space in folder's name: C:\Users\Arbnor Gashi\Desktop\Master_Thesis\Write\Thesis. The space between name and last name should be removed because it doesn't work for a statistical program. I changed my account name but this name doesn't change in...
  7. How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?

How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?: I hate the name Windows choice for the folder, the path reads C:\Users\Name_ I substituted Name for the actual folder name....Windows decided to name the folder Name_ and I hate it, can I change it and how can I?...
  8. change a user name folder

change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8
  9. How can I change the name of my User folder?

How can I change the name of my User folder?: Usually, Windows gives me an option to name my account. In 10, it just uses a shortened name of my Microsoft Account username/email address. Is there a way to change it without messing up my system? Thanks. I did use the netplwiz run command to change the account name, but...
  10. Can I change the name on my user/xxxx folder

Can I change the name on my user/xxxx folder: Hi somehow the name on my user/xxxx folder was entered incorrectly when my OS was installed, I think. Is it possible to correct it? Thanks Daniel 75608