Windows 10: Can I change sync to less than 15 minutes on Windows 10 mail?

Discus and support Can I change sync to less than 15 minutes on Windows 10 mail? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just "upgraded" from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had Windows Live on 7 and have the mail app on 10. I am having a heck of a time getting my emails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cubman1941, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Can I change sync to less than 15 minutes on Windows 10 mail?

I just "upgraded" from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had Windows Live on 7 and have the mail app on 10. I am having a heck of a time getting my emails promptly. Can i change the sync on the mail app to less than 15 minutes? I have thought about going back to Windows Live but I heard Microsoft was going to stop supporting it. Thanks.

:)

cubman1941, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Nerkyator Win User

Auto sync Windows 10 Mail app

I have a problem with Mail app on a Windows 10 system (updated from Windows 8).
    The sync settings just don't work on any email accounts and (of course) in the calendar app. I can open mail app up and force a manual refresh/sync which will also update the calendar with entries I make remotely or via phone but the regularity of checks is not working. Do others see this? It kind of makes the lives tiles redundant as the actual apps will only sync manually.
    I've checked other solutions like

• Enable\Disable sync options in Settings under "Calendar" section
    • Run troubleshooting app from Microsoft
    • Rebooting system
    • Set app sync on "as items arrive" or "every 15 minutes"
    • Update mail app
    • Disable firewall

None of these "fixes" worked. Everything else is working fine. If I press sync button it works (it downloads mail and calendar events) but the app doesn't do this automatically.
    (IMAP account)

Someone has\had same problem? And have you managed to rectify this problem?

Nerkyator, Aug 5, 2019
  3. 0x86000c0a - Sync Error in Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This problem may appear when mail app fails to sync with the email server. If a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might stop working.

Change the Sync Settings in the Mail App, follow the steps below to change mail app sync settings.

• On Search, click on “Mail” to open the Mail App.
    • Click on “Settings”.
    • Click on “Accounts”.
    • Click on your email account from the list of accounts.
    • Select the option “Email” under the section “Change mail box Sync settings”.

I would also suggest you to refer the article: “To sync a folder” given under the section “Why aren't I seeing messages I expect to see?” from this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/mail-app-faq

If the issue with the Mail App still persists, I would suggest you to remove the email account and then add it again to the Mail App and check if the issue still persists.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Can I change sync to less than 15 minutes on Windows 10 mail?

0x86000c0a - Sync Error in Windows 10 Mail

I have the very same issue. Is there any fix in the works? Do you have other suggestions on how to fix this issue? Thanks.

farvardinzad, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Can I change sync to less than 15 minutes on Windows 10 mail?

1. Can I change sync to less than 15 minutes on Windows 10 mail? - Similar Threads - change sync less

2. "You're about to be signed out windows will shutdown in less than a minute windows 10"...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You're about to be signed out windows will shutdown in less than a minute windows 10"...: My pc was working fine most of the day yesterday then late in the day this message will pop up and the pc shuts down. A long search all day on the subject trying every tip I can online (sorry too much to reference) came up no fix. I have however found that the issue does not...
  3. Windows will shut down in less than a minute.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will shut down in less than a minute.: After installing a windows update a while back, I keep getting a pop-up every once in a while saying "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute." Sometimes it happens a few times in a row, sometimes it doesn't happen for days. Also, Windows...
  4. Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Screen reverts to lock screen in less than a minute: My new laptop has a problem with staying either on the main screen or app after less than a minute of inaction. The screen dims and goes back to the lock screen and I have to enter my pin number again. What's up with this?...
  5. Windows 10 Mail will not sync - change mail box sync settings' not active

Windows 10 Mail will not sync - change mail box sync settings' not active: I have four email addresses and three of them work OK. However the fourth will not allow sync as the option 'change mailbox sync settings' is not active...
  6. You're about to be signed out. Windows will shutdown in less than a minute.(Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    You're about to be signed out. Windows will shutdown in less than a minute.(Windows 10): Hi, Attached is the error I am facing since 3 Days. My 20 Users are getting the same issue and the desktop is being shutting down, Error is "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shutdown in less than a minute.(Windows 10)" Please Give a proper solution for this as...
  7. Random wallpaper shuffler at an interval of less than 1 minute?

Random wallpaper shuffler at an interval of less than 1 minute?: On Windows 10 is it possible to do random wallpaper shuffler at an interval of less than 1 minute? I have checked various sites claiming to have instructions on how to set Windows 10 random wallpaper shuffle to a customized time but the instructions never seem to work, and...
  8. GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU overheating less than a minute into gaming: OK, so about a month ago i brought dark souls 3 and around 5 minutes into playing the game, my monitor displayed the "No connection found screen" and my headset cut off all my sound. I was on discord at the time and the people in the call said i just disconnected without...
  9. Applications regularly crash after less than 10 minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications regularly crash after less than 10 minutes of usage: Dear community, I've got a stability problem with my computer (Windows 10 Pro). When I start Firefox or the game Besiege for example, these applications suddenly close after less than 10 minutes of usage. I've already contacted the support of one of the applications that...
  10. USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes: I am astounded that Microsoft won't let us choose whether or not our USB drive goes to sleep. It sleeps in less than 3.5 minutes. I'm working on a file, and every time I want to save changes I have to wait for the drive to spin up before I can continue. It's like being back...