Windows 10: Can I change the decimal symbol settings?

Discus and support Can I change the decimal symbol settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem, our accounting software uses the traditional US format (100.00). But the users, who are running the Windows German language pack,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClaudiaCorredor, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Can I change the decimal symbol settings?

I have a problem, our accounting software uses the traditional US format (100.00). But the users, who are running the Windows German language pack, defaulted to the other format of radix point (comma in the number), e.g. (100,00). And they’d like to use the radix point for other programs on their workstation. Is it possible to add an exception to a language pack format for certain applications because our software is not coded to switch between radix point and takes it from the OS defaults.

:)

ClaudiaCorredor, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hi,

To change the decimal symbol back to a period, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Region. Click on Advance settings.
    • Click the Number tab.
    • Change the Decimal Symbol setting to a period (.).
    • Click OK.
    Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Pinaki Mohanty, Nov 24, 2018
  3. How to change the regional decimal symbol setting from "," to be"." for my computer for Arabic Users?

Type intl.cpl in Windows 10 Start Search box (Cortana) and Enter

Click Advanced Settings

Here you need to change decimal symbol in both Number and Currency tabs

E for Excel, Nov 24, 2018
  4. IslamNeyo Win User

Can I change the decimal symbol settings?

How to change the regional decimal symbol setting from "," to be"." for my computer for Arabic Users?

Hello dear,

I think that you didn't read my question completely! Can I change the decimal symbol settings? :)

I need to change it for Arabic numbers.

Thanks

IslamNeyo, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Can I change the decimal symbol settings?

1. Can I change the decimal symbol settings? - Similar Threads - change decimal symbol

2. how do i change my decimal format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my decimal format: Im struggling with changing my decimal format, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-decimal-format/2f244368-3dab-4e59-8b40-72de20a722b8
  3. how do i change my decimal format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change my decimal format: Im struggling with changing my decimal format, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-decimal-format/2f244368-3dab-4e59-8b40-72de20a722b8
  4. how do i change my decimal format

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Widows calculator decimal places setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows calculator decimal places setting?: Hi Folks,I like the WIndows Calculator but find it annoying that I always get a million decimal places when most of the time I only want a few. I'd really like to see a setting which lets me control the precision of the displayed responses. In fixed mode that would be the...
  6. Widows calculator decimal places setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows calculator decimal places setting?: Hi Folks,I like the WIndows Calculator but find it annoying that I always get a million decimal places when most of the time I only want a few. I'd really like to see a setting which lets me control the precision of the displayed responses. In fixed mode that would be the...
  7. Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Server 2016, The comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol...: Recently we have upgraded Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2016 and we are facing one issue when we changed Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2106 _the comma is converted to dot . even if the decimal symbol was configured to use is the comma , character in Windows...
  8. When will the incorrect decimal symbol for South Africa regional settings be fixed?

When will the incorrect decimal symbol for South Africa regional settings be fixed?: When will the incorrect decimal symbol for South Africa regional settings be fixed? It should be a period and not a comma. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-the-incorrect-decimal-symbol-for-south/8f65949c-02f1-442d-807d-1e3802220a91
  9. change symbol

change symbol: How to change the regional decimal symbol setting from "." to be"," for my computer for Arabic Users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-symbol/7dba1209-710c-4cac-a1a3-1d38c2386e38
  10. Is there a way to change decimal symbol settings within certain applications when running a...

Is there a way to change decimal symbol settings within certain applications when running a...: I am trying to troubleshoot a user issue with my software program. The software should calculate account numbers in traditional US format (100.00). However, users running the Windows German language pack on their OS are defaulting to the radix point (comma) in their numbers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change comma to decimal in calculator windows

2. decimal symbol settings