Windows 10: Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation?

Discus and support Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I do computer repairs and replace mechanical hard drives with new SSDs. I usually setup a new Microsoft account when I do this. Occasionally I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by John'z Place, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation?

Hi,

I do computer repairs and replace mechanical hard drives with new SSDs.

I usually setup a new Microsoft account when I do this. Occasionally I get the clients name wrong when doing this.

So, I was wondering if there is a way to change the default Microsoft outlook.com account associated with the new Windows 10 instillation?

If so, how is this done. I really would like to change the miss spelling without having to do a total reinstall?

Thanks,

John

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

PCRuns.com

:)

John'z Place, Dec 21, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation? [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Sheltieuk Win User
    Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook

Adam.. You need to set up your email server ports and encryption using the mail app in user accounts in the old Control Panel, (it still says Outlook 2016 in there but it still works with Outlook 365 etc.) this is one of my Imap/Smtp accounts:-

Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation? [​IMG]

Sheltieuk, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation?

Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10  

Not sure why the suggested that there either since .zip is not listed by default. The easiest way is to use the "Open with" context menu to change the association for .zip.

Brink, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation?

1. Can I change the default outlook account associated with a new Windows 10 instillation? - Similar Threads - change default outlook

2. Default Windows Outlook Account on Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Windows Outlook Account on Laptop: How do I change the default Windows Outlook account on my laptop? I am looking in 'Add, remove, and manage accounts' in settings, but there's no option to delete the existing, default account, and I can't see how to make my new Outlook account the default account. Any help...
  3. Default Windows Outlook Account on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Windows Outlook Account on Laptop: How do I change the default Windows Outlook account on my laptop? I am looking in 'Add, remove, and manage accounts' in settings, but there's no option to delete the existing, default account, and I can't see how to make my new Outlook account the default account. Any help...
  4. How can I change the account associated with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the account associated with my laptop?: I thought this was a Microsoft Question - but I was referred here instead. The ? Microsoft? account linked to my laptop uses an obsolete email we moved and the email service -Spectrum- changed. I no longer have access to that email account and so I can't log in from the...
  5. How can I change the account associated with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the account associated with my laptop?: I thought this was a Microsoft Question - but I was referred here instead. The ? Microsoft? account linked to my laptop uses an obsolete email we moved and the email service -Spectrum- changed. I no longer have access to that email account and so I can't log in from the...
  6. Change an outlook file association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change an outlook file association: I accidentally opened an outlook file *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with Adobe acrobat and it changed the file association to open only with acrobat. I have tried to change it back to open with outlook but outlook says it cannot use that file type. How can I...
  7. Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change defaults for new accounts in Outlook: First post although Ive referred to this forum often so hi all. In Outlook 2016, its annoying having to enable SMTP authentication and SSL/TLS and ports 993 and 465 every time. I really dont understand why Office 365 still uses insecure email settings as default as well as...
  8. Instillation of windows 10 on new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Instillation of windows 10 on new computer: Hey all, I'm helping my little brother set up his new computer and we've run into an issue. With all parts in place, the case fans spin as well as the CPU fan, but nothing else. I am installing from a disc in an exterior CD drive, which I can hear humming. It also was the...
  9. Windows 10 unable to change default program associations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 unable to change default program associations: Running Version 1803 (17134.345) and I'm unable to change the default program associated with various file extensions. Basically I'd like to be able to use Notepad++ for a lot of text files, but no matter how many times I try to change it via Properties/Opens With or via...
  10. Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior: In upgrading from Windows 8 to Win10, it's changed a number of default settings which I can't figure out how to change. First, when I send a message in Outlook 2013, it returns me to the desktop instead of the Inbox. THis is incredibly annoying. Does anyone know how to...