Windows 10: Can I change the default view?

Discus and support Can I change the default view? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I finally decided to change from a Windows 7 style start menu about a year ago and learn the 'new' style start menu. I realized it wasn't a big leap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dlkt, Sep 21, 2020.

1. dlkt Win User

Can I change the default view?

I finally decided to change from a Windows 7 style start menu about a year ago and learn the 'new' style start menu. I realized it wasn't a big leap and actually have come to like it.

I just installed windows 10 ver 2004 build 19041.508. Now my start menu looks like a variation of the old menu I used to use.

On the top left, there is Start Menu windows that, when depressed, reverts back to the menu I want to use.

Does anyone know how to save the full menu as default?

Thanks.

:)

2. Windows 10 Change default on file view

Sorry but following the steps that you describe applied to the documents folder did not appear to change the views from details to list in any subfolders which were already set to 'Detail'.

Nor did this change of default view appear with addition of New folder or a subfolder of New folder.

CarletonGarrett, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Can I change the default view?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Can I change the default view?

1. Can I change the default view? - Similar Threads - change default view

2. Windows 10 Explorer - Change default view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer - Change default view: Good day, In Explorer how do I set the view default to "Size all columns to fit"? Each time I view files I have to reset the view to see files with long names, etc. It is a time consuming annoying problem to always adjust rather than to immediately see the full file name....
  3. Can I change my default monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change my default monitor?: So here's my situation. I have 2 monitors set up. Right now, Windows identifies my right-hand monitor as "1", and my left as "2". I want "2" to be my primary monitor, so my games/apps open there. I don't want to just swap them in the display settings as that would cause the...
  4. Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view

Can I Change my desk top view to windows classic view: How do I change my desktop view to windows classic view in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-my-desk-top-view-to-windows-classic/c1ad651e-a92d-4f44-ba5c-e04f7be6e9cf
  5. Can I change the default browser in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I change the default browser in Windows 10?: Is there any way to change a default browser? I am currently using Chrome but prefer to use Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-default-browser-in-windows-10/19455cf3-61b8-4fd0-8ad4-cce36e80dbdc
  6. How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?

How can I set a default Windows explorer search view ?: Hello, I'm posting this message because I've tried many solutions. I have Windows 10. When searching in the explorer windows, or from the "see more" in the windows bar search, the view (icon size, sort by and group by) is not as I would like it to be, and I can't change it....
  7. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f
  8. Default View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default View: W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view. I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed...
  9. Change default details view for MTP devices?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default details view for MTP devices?: Windows 10 insists that the camera folder on my phone is going to be viewed as though it contains music and won't allow changing its default to just generic file details. Thus the details view header has a bunch of categories that are useless for photos, track name,...
  10. How can I "Un-Edit" default view in Custom Views of the Event Editor

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I "Un-Edit" default view in Custom Views of the Event Editor: Hello all. Seems like I have managed to screw up the default "Administrative Events" in the Custom Views section of the Event Viewer. I filtered it for warnings, etc., intending to save as a new definition, but in fact managed to apply the filter to the default definition...