Windows 10: Can I change the delay time for taskbar to unhide on mouse over?

Discus and support Can I change the delay time for taskbar to unhide on mouse over? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the auto hide feature of the taskbar turned on. When I mouse over the taskbar it unhides itself too quick for my liking. I would like there to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thebadwrench, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Can I change the delay time for taskbar to unhide on mouse over?

I have the auto hide feature of the taskbar turned on. When I mouse over the taskbar it unhides itself too quick for my liking. I would like there to be a delay of something like 5 seconds between when I mouse over the hidden taskbar and when the taskbar unhides itself. Is there a way to accomplish this? I'd prefer to not have to install anything to accomplish this... if there is a registry tweak for this that would be preferable. Windows 10 Pro version 2004. Thanks in advance

:)

thebadwrench, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Tazmiria Win User
    Auto hide taskbar not unhiding

This was working fine and for some unknown reason it stopped. I have the taskbar on auto hide and when I move my mouse to unhide, it will not show the taskbar. I did not change any settings or download anything new so do not know what happened. I tried taking
    auto hide off and it appears fine, then turned auto hide back on and still the taskbar will not unhide. Any suggestions how to get my taskbar to unhide without having to turn it on/off?

I also can not close one window, it makes me close all windows. The little + sign is gone to open a new window I have to go to the right side, open the drop down menu and click New Window. None of this was like this yesterday, the taskbar worked perfectly
    so I am very confused. Please help me get my taskbar back to working normal again.

Tazmiria, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Can I change the delay time for taskbar to unhide on mouse over?

mouse delays

Hi Peter,

It is possible that you're experiencing mouse lag after update due to corrupted/outdated drivers or compatibility issue.

To troubleshoot your issue, I suggest that you follow these options:

Option 1: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot your mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

Option 2: Enable / Disable Scroll Inactive Windows:

• Navigate to Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad.
    • Now locate the Scroll Inactive Windows option and disable / enable it.
    • Try disabling and enabling this option a few times and check if the issue is resolved.

Option 3: Change Palm Check Threshold:

• Go to Mouse & Touchpad settings.
    • Click Additional Mouse Options.
    • Next choose TouchPad Tab.
    • Click on Settings and go to Advanced Tab.
    • Locate the Palm Check Threshold and move it all the way to the left.

Option 4: Set the touchpad to No Delay

To do this navigate to Mouse & Touchpad settings like we explained in the previous steps. Now find the
    Touchpad section and set the delay before clicks to No delay (always on).

Option 5: Change your mouse frequency

Sometimes mouse lag problems can be related to its frequency. This issue usually affects wireless mice, and if your mouse is lagging, you might be able to solve the problem by adjusting its frequency.

To do that, open your mouse configuration software and change its frequency from 500 to 250Hz. After doing that, your mouse will start working normally.

Option 6: Disable Fast Startup:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter control panel. Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • When Control Panel opens, select Power Options.
    • Now click on Choose what the power button does.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and click on
      Save changes
    • After disabling Fast Startup, the issue should be resolved and your mouse will start working again.

Option 7: Change your Clickpad settings:

• Navigate to Mouse section in Control Panel.
    • Go to Clickpad settings. Navigate to Advanced > Smart Sense and set
      Filter to 0.

Option 8: Roll back your drivers:

• Open Win + X menu by pressing Windows Key + X. Now select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • When Device Manager opens, locate your mouse or Realtek audio driver and double click it.
    • Go to Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button if available. If
      Roll Back Driver button is grayed out, this solution doesn’t apply to you.

Option 9: Change Power management options:

• Go to Device Manager and double click USB Hub device to open its properties.
    • When Properties window opens, go to Power Management tab and uncheck
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click
      OK
      to save changes.
    • Keep in mind that you need to repeat these steps for all USB Hub devices on your PC. After making the necessary changes, the issues with your mouse will be resolved.

Option 10: I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Jackson Chris on this
    thread.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Can I change the delay time for taskbar to unhide on mouse over?

1. Can I change the delay time for taskbar to unhide on mouse over? - Similar Threads - change delay taskbar

2. Taskbar not properly unhiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not properly unhiding: Hello,The auto - hide functionality of the taskbar used to work fine until recently, out of the blue taskbar won't unhide when the mouse pointer is at the bottom of the screen. It appears as if the taskbar pops up behind the current window. Done all the solutions that have...
  3. Taskbar not properly unhiding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not properly unhiding: Hello,The auto - hide functionality of the taskbar used to work fine until recently, out of the blue taskbar won't unhide when the mouse pointer is at the bottom of the screen. It appears as if the taskbar pops up behind the current window. Done all the solutions that have...
  4. Taskbar not properly unhiding

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar will not unhide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar will not unhide: I like to keep my taskbar in the auto-hide mode but in the past few months, I have been facing an issue where the taskbar will not unhide when any application is open. When I am on my desktop and I drag my mouse to the bottom, the taskbar pops up as normal but if I do the...
  6. Taskbar will not unhide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar will not unhide: I like to keep my taskbar in the auto-hide mode but in the past few months, I have been facing an issue where the taskbar will not unhide when any application is open. When I am on my desktop and I drag my mouse to the bottom, the taskbar pops up as normal but if I do the...
  7. Taskbar will not unhide

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Is there a way to delay the unhide of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to delay the unhide of the taskbar?: I have “automatically hide taskbar” but i’d like it to take a bit longer to show up when i move the cursor down. submitted by /u/mare1999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/me6o8v/is_there_a_way_to_delay_the_unhide_of_the_taskbar/
  9. How can i delay the time when taskbar unhides?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i delay the time when taskbar unhides?: I have automatically hide taskbar on desktop mode, when i move the cursor down, the taskbar shows up fast. Is there a way to make it slower? submitted by /u/mare1999 [link] [comments]...
  10. Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10: How to: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 How to Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 When you hover over the icon or button on the taskbar of an opened item, it will show a thumbnail preview or list of the opened windows...