Windows 10: Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery?

Discus and support Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The current release of W10 keeps the same brightness when switching from power to battery and back. This used to be standard functionality that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IntnlManOfCode, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery?

The current release of W10 keeps the same brightness when switching from power to battery and back. This used to be standard functionality that was removed a few releases ago.

I always forget to adjust and only realise 3 hours into a 10 hour flight Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery? :( when the laptop goes onto battery saver...

Are there any apps or hacks to make brightness change automatically?

submitted by /u/IntnlManOfCode
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IntnlManOfCode, Feb 19, 2020

2. Battery Saver/Brightness

Hello T J Wilson,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with brightness settings on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.
    • Click Apply. Click
      OK.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Feb 19, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

Hi, adz7. Get this when attempting to see your video.

Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery?

Display brightness is automatically changed

I have a ASUS VivoBook 14 laptop with Windows 10 OS on it, and I noticed that display brightness changes a little when switching between different windows, decreasing while dark-colored window is active in increasing while light-colored windows is active.
    This happens whether charging or using battery power. How should I either reverse it (I'd prefer to have more brightness while working with dark-colored windows) or at least turn it off?

Victor Surkov, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery?

1. Can I change the display brightness automatically when switching to battery? - Similar Threads - change display brightness

2. Brightness automatically set to 0 when display orientation changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness automatically set to 0 when display orientation changed: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 laptop.Recently, whenever i change the display orientation Either automatically when i flipped the device, or manually from control panel, the display's brightness would set to 0. It wasn't much problem in laptop mode since i can increase the...
  3. Brightness automatically set to 0 when display orientation changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness automatically set to 0 when display orientation changed: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 laptop.Recently, whenever i change the display orientation Either automatically when i flipped the device, or manually from control panel, the display's brightness would set to 0. It wasn't much problem in laptop mode since i can increase the...
  4. Change screen brightness when switching to screensaver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change screen brightness when switching to screensaver: Is there a way to make it so that my brightness is set to just below max when my screensaver comes on? At the minute, i can't see the image very well cause of the brightness, and I'd rather not have to manually set it and change the brightness for the whole screen....
  5. Laptop brightness changes when switching windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop brightness changes when switching windows.: The brightness on my laptop keeps changing when I switch to another window or the desktop. How do I stop this from happening? submitted by /u/orbitzzzzzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijns7l/laptop_brightness_changes_when_switching_windows/
  6. Window 10 no longer switches brightness when running on battery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 no longer switches brightness when running on battery: Hello, For at least a couple of months now there has no longer been a brightness control slider to individually control the brightness when on battery or when plugged in when you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings. However, until...
  7. How to change brightness automatically when lighting changes

How to change brightness automatically when lighting changes: Hi there, I want to turn off the 'Change brightness automatically when lighting changes' function but do not have thecheck box. How can I do this? Thanks, Lesley...
  8. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...
  9. The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode

The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode: So I have been harassed by this problem for quite a while. When my surface pro is not plugged in, and I open some software which has night mode (or even just open a Chrome tab with a whole screen size black image), then the screen brightness is going down and the contrast is...
  10. How Can I Change Display Brightness?

How Can I Change Display Brightness?: Starting with build 18912 and in 18917 (20H1), the slider for changing the brightness is missing from the action center. This has occurred on both the desktop and laptop PCs (Acer Aspire and Lenovo 1530 Flex). Using the manufacturers keys to change the brightness no longer...