Windows 10: Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...

Discus and support Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased an HP laptop in China where the Windows license version is Windows 10 . How can I change the display language to english? I have downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CCH067, Jan 10, 2022.

1. CCH067 Win User

Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...

I purchased an HP laptop in China where the Windows license version is Windows 10 . How can I change the display language to english? I have downloaded the English language pack as one of my "Preferred langauges", but I still don't get English as a dropdown option for the "Windows display language" photo below is from another computer where I do have English as a Windows display language option.

:)

CCH067, Jan 10, 2022
  2. davidm71 Win User

Microsoft no english language windows for you!

Wasn't an OEM copy though it was a promotional copy given to me for free. Anyhow don't you think it's odd that every language but English be on the list?!

I was able to download the Hebrew version just fine. Not a big deal to add the English language pack using the Nlite app. Thing is there was a time you could download these iso's from digital river but MS shut that down so now all we have are Torrents which is shady if you ask me.

davidm71, Jan 10, 2022
  3. viki2000 Win User
    Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Jan 10, 2022
  4. davidhk Win User

Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...

Cant change language to english

..................Also cant download language pack ....................

Left click at Start button > Settings > Time & Language > left side, click Region & Language > right side, under Languages, click the + sign > scroll and find English > click it > select which English you want English (United Staes), English (United Kingdom), English (Canada) etc > click the selection >
    You are now back on Time and language screen > click the English version you selected > click Option > language pack will be offered to you > install it.
    When done, you will be back to Time & Language screen > right click the English > click Set as default.
    You will have to restart the computer to initiate the switch from Japanese to English as display language.
    You will find some items still carry Japanese language, but majority will be in English.

Hope this helps.
    I used the same method to switch from English to Chinese as display language.

Adding/editing......................

The followings are screenshots to illustrate the change of English as display language to Chinese as display language.

English :

Can I change the display language of windows 10  to english?  I have downloaded the English... [​IMG]

Chinese :

Can I change the display language of windows 10  to english?  I have downloaded the English... [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English... - Similar Threads - change display language

2. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  3. I can't change the Windows display language to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change the Windows display language to English: Last year I bought a laptop in China and I cannot change the system language to English because the Windows display language has only one option which is Chinese. I can add other input languages but the system language cannot be changed. Thus, all My computer, Control Panel,...
  4. Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the display language of windows 10 to english? I have downloaded the English...: I purchased an HP laptop in China where the Windows license version is Windows 10 . How can I change the display language to english? I have downloaded the English language pack as one of my "Preferred langauges", but I still don't get English as a dropdown option for the...
  5. when i change my language to english , some display not completely translate to english.

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i change my language to english , some display not completely translate to english.: Dears , Is there any methods we could fix this problem. why there is a few part still in chinese? I also change the Administrative Language to chinese, But no effect on these display. [ATTACH]...
  6. How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikkws9/how_can_i_change_it_to_english_ive_changed/
  7. How can I change my windows 10 display language Chinese to English

How can I change my windows 10 display language Chinese to English: Hi everyone, I have installed the WIN 10 pro chinese version, but I wanted to use the whole system by using the English language, kindly advise how to change the language setting, thank you for your attention....
  8. Windows 10 Language Change to English

Windows 10 Language Change to English: Hello! I bought my desktop here in China, a friend of mine already checked my pc. We already installed the language pack and still, Microsoft Edge, Control Panel, generally most of the Windows interface is still in Chinese. The log in screen and a few is changed to English....
  9. Windows Display Language Changed from English(India) to English(United States)

Windows Display Language Changed from English(India) to English(United States): Hey I have a OEM Windows 10 Home Single Language and my Windows Display Language has been changed after May Update 1903 . from English(India) to English(United States) [ATTACH]I have upgraded my pc from October Update(1809) to May Update (1903) using Windows Update...
  10. Recovering display language English

Recovering display language English: Hi I am aware that this is a topic on different threads. My laptop has windows 10 home build 1803 with English (US) as the default display language. Today I added French as the display language using the instructions on settings. It worked (though gave me grief as the...