Windows 10: Can I change the location of pre - installed Windows location?

Discus and support Can I change the location of pre - installed Windows location? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop acer predator helios 300 which is pre installed factory installed with windows 10 home single language in my primary 256 GB SSD. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ajay casi, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Ajay casi Win User

Can I change the location of pre - installed Windows location?

I have a laptop acer predator helios 300 which is pre installed factory installed with windows 10 home single language in my primary 256 GB SSD. After I installed some adobe softwares the storage got nearly full and makes my system slow, so i brought an another 500GB SSD for my secondary slot and it's working without any problems. So now I'm thinking about to change the windows install location from my 256 SSD to 500 SSD but the problem is i don't know how to do that without loosing my windows activation /key!! Can somebody help me ? I just want to change my genuine installed windows location from my primary SSD to another SSD without loosing the activation.

:)

Ajay casi, Nov 1, 2020

2. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

Windows 10 location service and privacy

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I change the location of pre - installed Windows location? - Similar Threads - change location pre

2. Location will not change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location will not change: I endeavored to update the location on my new computer, but the map will not display to set a default location and I also am locked out of the Microsoft store. How can I repair this and update my location? I am being blocked from so many sites because of it....
  3. Location will not change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location will not change: I endeavored to update the location on my new computer, but the map will not display to set a default location and I also am locked out of the Microsoft store. How can I repair this and update my location? I am being blocked from so many sites because of it....
  4. i can not change the location of a file system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can not change the location of a file system: Hello my problem is that i can not change the location of the file system [Download] and i tried everything i will sent you some captures of the problem....
  5. Can not change default save location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not change default save location: I am trying to change my default save location so i can save games to my other drive. My pc is not allowing me to do so. Says there are apps on the drive from another device and must be deleted first. Then gives me an error code 0x80070005. Any ideas what to do here?...
  6. Windows - changing location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows - changing location: Hello! Recently, a friend of mine reinstalled windows 10 home on my laptop. He only formatted partition C, but my games were still uninstalled. The only problem I have is with Forza Horizon 4. It is bought and when tried to install it on my D drive, but it won t let me select...
  7. Simplenote Install Location Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simplenote Install Location Changed: I've had the note app "Simplenote" installed on my Windows 10 laptop, my Apple iMac and iPhone for ages. It does everything I need with no extras. A couple of days ago I was told by the app that there was an update (I had v 2.5.0 installed, 2.6.0 was available), so I let it...
  8. Change Default Installation Location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  9. Change location

Change location: So I added a second monitor (tv :v) to my setup and I put it on the wall right above my main monitor, the problem is when I extend the screens in order to get a window in the screen above I have to move the cursor to the left side, is there a way to get windows to know that...
  10. Changing default install location

Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...