Windows 10: Can I change the port used by system and compressed memory?

Discus and support Can I change the port used by system and compressed memory? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need port 80 to be freed up but it is currently being used by System and compressed memory. Can I change the port that System and compressed memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jdceremony, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Can I change the port used by system and compressed memory?

I need port 80 to be freed up but it is currently being used by System and compressed memory. Can I change the port that System and compressed memory uses? if so how?

Or can I/should I disable System and compressed memory?

:)

jdceremony, Mar 21, 2016
  2. al_lea Win User

How can I change the COM port used by the Nokia Bluetooth Modem?

There should be a drop list which allows to asign other COM port in the advanced property of modem.

al_lea, Mar 21, 2016
  3. tbessie Win User
    How can I change the COM port used by the Nokia Bluetooth Modem?

Hi all...

I'm using Nokia PC Suite for my N85; I used "Connect to the Internet" in it to create a Bluetooth Modem connection, and it works fine; the problem is, it assigned COM3 to it, and I already have other things assigned to that. However, going into the Device
    Manager or other settings for the device, it won't let me change the COM port... it is displayed as a non-changeable field.

Does the Nokia Bluetooth Modem Driver just not ever let you change the COM port? That would be silly, but it seems to be the way it is.

Any suggestions?

- Tim

tbessie, Mar 21, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Can I change the port used by system and compressed memory?

Maybe what you need it for will be addressed on one of the pages found by Search.
    port 80 (Port) at DuckDuckGo

Berton, Mar 21, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Port 80 is for HTTP requests, 8080 is HTTPS. You need to use a different port in the higher range. Wikipedia has a list of all of the ports and their use. Depending on what you are trying to do, the program that you are trying to use, should already have a default port designated.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I change the port used by system and compressed memory?

1. Can I change the port used by system and compressed memory? - Similar Threads - change port used

2. memory compression

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  3. memory compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory compression: memory compression1memory compression2 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E8%83%BD%E5%90%A6%E4%BB%8B%E7%BB%8D%E4%B8%80/00b611dd-4262-41f5-b82e-1daaf905ddbc
  4. System and compressed memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System and compressed memory: System and compressed memory is not showing in task manager, is it because I have enough RAM? Thanks. 62163
  5. System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage): Hello there, I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows 10 back in December of 2015. Now keep in mind, this isn't a normal issue, as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this. (I have...
  6. System and Compressed Memory

System and Compressed Memory: Is there any way to stop the "system and compressed memory" from happening? I am so annoyed by it's constant 90% Memory usage! I used to have only 8 GB of RAM and it would use 7GB out of the whole 8GB. I recently upgraded to 16GB and everything was fine. System and Compressed...
  7. Poor system performance with memory compression

Poor system performance with memory compression: So, I'm having a hard time being convinced that memory compression (aka. Superfetch) is designed to improve system performance, because ever since I upgraded to windows 10, it's been doing the exact opposite. Now, I'm one of those guys who likes to leave their system on...
  8. Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?

Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?: I noticed the C P U fan spinning @ 5950 rpm and decided to consult the task manager. The System & Compressed Memory is using 20% of the cpu. Why ? Thank you. 59085
  9. System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory

System and Compressed Memory Process Uses High CPU, Low Memory: Several problems are happening. I don’t know if the extent to which they are related but here they are: Earlier today, I attempted, but failed, to install the latest update for the AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC). In one place, a message said that it had installed...
  10. What is System and compressed memory ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is System and compressed memory ?: Why it's taking 380MB of my memory ? Does it important or there is a way to disable it ? 44359