Windows 10: Can I change the search engine of Cortana ?

Discus and support Can I change the search engine of Cortana ? in Cortana to solve the problem; I want to change search engine of Cortana from Bing to Google bcoz I do not like image search of Bing, it do not give the result that I want... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ankit2009, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Ankit2009 Win User

Can I change the search engine of Cortana ?

I want to change search engine of Cortana from Bing to Google bcoz I do not like image search of Bing, it do not give the result that I want

:)

Ankit2009, Sep 4, 2020

2. Cortana's Search Engine Preference

Hi Bill,

The default search engine for Cortana cannot be changed because Cortana is powered by Bing upon her release. However, you can easily change the default search engine in Edge by following the steps on this link

Change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Paulo Dej Win User
    Cortana Search Engine

Hi there,

Cortana was designed to work with Microsoft Edge as its built-in web browser and Bing as its search engine. To change your default search engine, you can follow the steps

here

Keep us posted.

Paulo Dej, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Can I change the search engine of Cortana ?

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Can I change the search engine of Cortana ?

1. Can I change the search engine of Cortana ? - Similar Threads - change search engine

2. Can the search engine in the task bar be changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the search engine in the task bar be changed?: How can I change the search engine in the task bar? I've changed the default search engine for the address bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-search-engine-in-the-task-bar-be-changed/d673c22e-9258-41dd-8bd5-56c0fd0c44c3
  3. Can the search engine in the task bar be changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the search engine in the task bar be changed?: How can I change the search engine in the task bar? I've changed the default search engine for the address bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-search-engine-in-the-task-bar-be-changed/d673c22e-9258-41dd-8bd5-56c0fd0c44c3
  4. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  5. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  6. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: I installed Windows 10 and got Bing and Edge with it. Previously I used Duckduckgo and I like it. How can I get my favourite search engine back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-search-engine/2b6778b3-b33e-489c-85fc-9aa573e01636
  8. How to change my cortana search engine.

in Cortana
    How to change my cortana search engine.: How to change my cortana search engine. Please someone help me with this. But at the time of setup of cortana i noticed that it asked for an option to choose between chrome and microsoft edge browsers....
  9. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: Help me! I tried changing my search engine AGAIN!!! Those guides that say "there will be a button that says Search in the address bar with." There is no button. Help. I hate bing....
  10. change search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    change search engine: How can I chnage the default search engine from Bing to Google? Remove Bing from my desktop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-search-engine/61249a04-2884-447b-b800-529c626db8cd